What's the percentage of Sellers who are not getting briefs?

sanaaliabbasi

7 hours ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

Hi, 

Everyone!

Good Morning & Wish You A Great Day :-),

Can anyone estimate that, What's the percentage of Sellers who are not getting briefs? and What's the % of the sellers who are getting briefs? In this scenario what will be the future of the freelancers who are not getting briefs?

No one will ever be able to know this information. I suspect that Fiverr will keep it close to their chest. However, the scenario you refer to is pretty clear. 

It's apparent on this forum that some freelancers are more concerned about getting the buyers briefs than they are about the quality of their own gig. At every turn I view a profile that is the same as the next, some are plagiarised, and most are written in broken English. Why would Fiverr award a buyer brief to these gigs when in reality they are brand damaging?

To me some freelancers feel like it's deserved rather than earned, and regardless of quality they complain that they are being deliberately left out by Fiverr and nothing is their fault.  So to counteract this, new freelancers are flooding social media with substandard gigs in desperation, when they haven't addressed the route cause of why they are not getting sales. 

The gigs are simply not good enough!   

If you ask any successful freelancer on here they will tell you one thing. They had to work bloody hard to get to where they are now.  Back in the day we didn't have buyer briefs or buyer requests. We had to rely on the knowledge that our gigs were the very best they could be, and we had to sit and wait for our first sale, knowing that we were going to make that sellers experience the best it could be.  Deliver every order as if your very career depended on it.

Fast forward to 'nearly 2023', I think that new freelancers have become lazy, and they want to skip the hard work bit and become a millionaire within the month they signed up to Fiverr.  It sounds harsh, but I will refer back to a few posts that @newsmike made this week.  How many new freelancers come on the board and start speaking about gig quality?   virtually none!  These are the people that will be successful, these are the people that will get buyer briefs, because they care about the gigs they produce,  they want to be different and they know that quality is the single most important thing when running a business. 

So in answer to your question @sanaaliabbasi what is the scenario for new sellers who don't get buyer briefs?   Most will give up, kicking, screaming and blaming others, and more newbies will come along thinking they are just as entitled as the ones before, when in reality, they need to look inward at what they are offering.  If you're damaging the brand, the brand will not look after you! 

Rant over! 

• Like 16
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

@breals

Good Day Sir, 
You hit the most accurate spot, and I liked your analysis regarding briefs and the Seller's nature,
Yes, I agreed most of the sellers have lazy nature, but all fingers are not equal, so There should be more room to prove themselves, such as one competition in each category service of the gig,  every week.

• Like 16

I'm getting several briefs a day. None of them are for something that I actually offer, but I'm getting them.

On 12/29/2022 at 3:36 AM, sanaaliabbasi said:

In this scenario what will be the future of the freelancers who are not getting briefs?

Most briefs don't lead to orders anyway.

As for the future, freelancers will either need to figure out how to make gigs that get found in search by buyers (and that convince buyers to place an order), or they will need to find something else to do in their lives.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, catwriter said:

I'm getting several briefs a day. None of them are for something that I actually offer, but I'm getting them.

Most briefs don't lead to orders anyway.

As for the future, freelancers will either need to figure out how to make gigs that get found in search by buyers (and that convince buyers to place an order), or they will need to find something else to do in their lives.

Agreed, but If we get the briefs we may easily convert them into order with good dealing and according to the buyer's requirements and instructions.

• Like 12
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

If we get the briefs we may easily convert them into order with good dealing and according to the buyer's requirements and instructions.

Only if the brief is for something that you offer. And even then there's no guarantee that it will be easy.

• Like 12
  • Up 3

On 12/29/2022 at 8:36 AM, sanaaliabbasi said:

Hi, 

Everyone!

Good Morning & Wish You A Great Day :-),

Can anyone estimate that, What's the percentage of Sellers who are not getting briefs? and What's the % of the sellers who are getting briefs? In this scenario what will be the future of the freelancers who are not getting briefs?

most important questions. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 4:28 PM, breals said:

No one will ever be able to know this information. I suspect that Fiverr will keep it close to their chest. However, the scenario you refer to is pretty clear. 

It's apparent on this forum that some freelancers are more concerned about getting the buyers briefs than they are about the quality of their own gig. At every turn I view a profile that is the same as the next, some are plagiarised, and most are written in broken English. Why would Fiverr award a buyer brief to these gigs when in reality they are brand damaging?

To me some freelancers feel like it's deserved rather than earned, and regardless of quality they complain that they are being deliberately left out by Fiverr and nothing is their fault.  So to counteract this, new freelancers are flooding social media with substandard gigs in desperation, when they haven't addressed the route cause of why they are not getting sales. 

The gigs are simply not good enough!   

If you ask any successful freelancer on here they will tell you one thing. They had to work bloody hard to get to where they are now.  Back in the day we didn't have buyer briefs or buyer requests. We had to rely on the knowledge that our gigs were the very best they could be, and we had to sit and wait for our first sale, knowing that we were going to make that sellers experience the best it could be.  Deliver every order as if your very career depended on it.

Fast forward to 'nearly 2023', I think that new freelancers have become lazy, and they want to skip the hard work bit and become a millionaire within the month they signed up to Fiverr.  It sounds harsh, but I will refer back to a few posts that @newsmike made this week.  How many new freelancers come on the board and start speaking about gig quality?   virtually none!  These are the people that will be successful, these are the people that will get buyer briefs, because they care about the gigs they produce,  they want to be different and they know that quality is the single most important thing when running a business. 

So in answer to your question @sanaaliabbasi what is the scenario for new sellers who don't get buyer briefs?   Most will give up, kicking, screaming and blaming others, and more newbies will come along thinking they are just as entitled as the ones before, when in reality, they need to look inward at what they are offering.  If you're damaging the brand, the brand will not look after you! 

Rant over! 

Wow, a lot of things to learn for the newcomers. Very informative

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, senorita20 said:

Received no brief ever since joining Fiverr

So you're an architect, and your one review is from another architect that sells virtually the same services as you? mmmm!  Smells a bit fishy to me. 

Also, you have been on Fiverr since November.  Please don't make out that you have been on here for a long time.  

If Fiverr deems your gigs of high value it will send you buyer briefs. It really is as simple as that.  If you're not getting them there is still work to do! 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, stefficolbert said:

I would also always get briefs for services I don't offer. I turned them off as I had never had a sale through the briefs.

Great Profile Steffi.   Clearly you're not a Newbie on Fiverr!  

Welcome to the forum

Edited by breals
  • Like 11