Outsourcing. A potential poor service for the client.

trescador86

Hey guys, 

I've been in Fiverr for serveral months and notice a lot of sellers who are simply resellers. One day I received a request for a task. It was wierd due to a some aspects:

- The "client" was in a hurry. He was pushing a lot for the task to be done asap

- He gave me a budget beforehand (very low)

- The video explaining the problem had a girl voice with native accent. Instead, the client was an asiatic male.

- When I checked the profile of this client, we was selling ALL kind of GIG (about 20) , with no evidence of especialization. 

In the end, it brought me up with some problems because he was so pushy that made me the cheapest order and wanted me to do it "because I'm a new seller and I dont have to focus on money".

At this point, I want to ask you . What do you think about these behaviour? Should this be allowed in Fiverr or it can be reported? Shouldn't the clients have the right to know that the client service is being outsourced?

From my point of view, its a foolish behaviour that provides potential bad service for the real clients and other sellers in this site. What if the client has doubts? Should that person who has no idea be requiring the another seller to solve them? I think thats not good for the quality of the service and the reputation of Fiverr, so I hope clear cases like mine are truly pursued. Maybe you feel comfortable with this!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 8

Botticelli didint include the boiler room in Dante's Inferno painting because he didint want to expose these characters.

I dont know if its against the TOS or not. But they are certainly menace. Reduces the quality, reduces the prices. Reduces the trust of the platform. 

• Like 10

Thanks. I was not sure about that. I will report these cases then, because it's a bit frustraing how they are fooling the client and they are harming real professionals with this professional intrussion. I understand sometimes is difficult to confirm, but if I have no doubts, Fiverr (who has more info) wont have them either

Thanks

• Like 6

3 hours ago, trescador86 said:

He gave me a budget beforehand (very low)

That's where I say "no, thanks". They either pay my prices (it's not like they're super-high, anyway), or I don't work with them.

3 hours ago, trescador86 said:

In the end, it brought me up with some problems because he was so pushy that made me the cheapest order and wanted me to do it "because I'm a new seller and I dont have to focus on money".

That would be another huge "no" for me. They don't get to decide what I focus on.

I have worked with resellers in the past, but they were outsourcing only a part of their work to me (they made videos for their clients, I wrote the scripts, and the client would approve the script first, so none of those ended with unhappy end clients).

Anyway, once you raise your prices, resellers tend to stop ordering from you.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr recently added a clause that it’s against fiverr TOS to resell services without added value so yes, it can be reported now. 

Is it? Do you know exactly when it was released? Added value would be, modifying the final delivery you made a lot, or using just a part of your work in something original?

37 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Yes, this would be a solution. And even then, some sell the work of other sellers at overpriced rates, so sometimes they still keep ordering because they still win.

37 minutes ago, catwriter said:

That's where I say "no, thanks"

So will I. If they already placed the order, you should have declined politely. Your gig, your terms and prices. Don't accept less just because an order.

One of the worst buyers I had was precisely a reseller. He also wanted work done for free, and refused to pay when I charged for the extra work. He reluctantly agreed to receive just the delivery he had payed for, but also lectured me about empathy with the customer and that I shouldn't be refusing to do "simple work that's quick", yadda yadda, yadda yadda. But I effectively set my limits, which can make a difference in how you get treated and not make the bad experience even worse. 

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

That's where I say "no, thanks". They either pay my prices (it's not like they're super-high, anyway), or I don't work with them.

That would be another huge "no" for me. They don't get to decide what I focus on.

I have worked with resellers in the past, but they were outsourcing only a part of their work to me (they made videos for their clients, I wrote the scripts, and the client would approve the script first, so none of those ended with unhappy end clients).

Hey catwriter! Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, I have a very low rate for very basic tasks and I didnt gave him that low rate, i just told him to wait for me to review the task before ordering, as i needed to make sure that his budget was enough. When I told him that the price would be higher, he made the cheapest order anyway to put pressure on me. 

After struggling a bit with Fiverr, i managed that that "blackmail" didnt affect my statistics. However, I dont think Fiverr is persuing these buyers.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, moonstaredits said:

So will I. If they already placed the order, you should have declined politely. Your gig, your terms and prices. Don't accept less just because an order.

One of the worst buyers I had was precisely a reseller. He also wanted work done for free, and refused to pay when I charged for the extra work. He reluctantly agreed to receive just the delivery he had payed for, but also lectured me about empathy with the customer and that I shouldn't be refusing to do "simple work that's quick", yadda yadda, yadda yadda. But I effectively set my limits, which can make a difference in how you get treated and not make the bad experience even worse. 

Yes! Thanks monstaredits. That describes perfectly the modus operandi of these resellers. Very ugly situation. I had one very very similar and I also said NO, obviously.

Edited by trescador86
incomplete
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, moonstaredits said:

it? Do you know exactly when it was released? Added value would be, modifying the final delivery you made a lot, or using just a part of your work in something original?

Nope I don’t. Fiverr doesn’t pricy us when they add changes to their TOS but it’s there now.

I assume both

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, moonstaredits said:

Added value would be, modifying the final delivery you made a lot, or using just a part of your work in something original?

Here's what the Community Standards say:

Incorporating other sellers' work in your delivery versus profit Arbitrage

Sellers are welcome to incorporate purchases which they have all required rights to, in their deliveries. For example designs as backgrounds for music videos, images for websites, images for presentations, etc. With that said, by no means can purchases be delivered “as is” with no significant added value or transformative use, under the misconception that it is the seller's original work and in order to gain profit from price differences. 

It's at the bottom of this link: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/intellectual-property

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2