New-ish guy from Sweden here

jensfriberg

Yeah new-ish is the right word. I registered a while ago, but I haven't really added anything to my profile or put up any Gigs before today.

That said, I'm excited to get started. 
I have a job that pays the bills but eventually I want to do my own thing. 
My employer knows this, so there is no conflict of interest. Funny how telling the truth upfront about what you want is often the easiest way.

My theory is that gig-work would suit me as I am much of a jack-of-all-trades.
If you want a web site up by next week with everything from database to design, that is a gig. That is what I want to do
If you need someone to optimise your server-performance, that will probably be a long time commitment. 

Anyway
It it is a bit of a jungle on this site, but as soon as I get things sorted out, I hopefully will get some interesting projects.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 3

Hi @jensfriberg! Welcome to Fiverr and the forum!

Whether you work on Fiverr part-time or full-time, make sure that your profile and gigs look professional and you utilize all the tools you have to show off your portfolio and skills (e.g., you gig video and gallery, especially the 2 PDFs you get per gig). Before you have reviews, this will be your business card to buyers, so make sure it looks professional and appealing.

Here are some articles that can help you:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/292980-things-to-know-before-you-publish-your-first-gig/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/286042-%F0%9F%93%88-fiverr-simplified-two-tips-to-selling-more-earning-more/

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/284256-no-orders-here-are-7-updates-you-can-make-during-the-slow-times/

I wish the best for you and your business!

• Like 13
  • Up 2

On 12/28/2022 at 2:17 AM, jensfriberg said:

Yeah new-ish is the right word. I registered a while ago, but I haven't really added anything to my profile or put up any Gigs before today.

That said, I'm excited to get started. 
I have a job that pays the bills but eventually I want to do my own thing. 
My employer knows this, so there is no conflict of interest. Funny how telling the truth upfront about what you want is often the easiest way.

My theory is that gig-work would suit me as I am much of a jack-of-all-trades.
If you want a web site up by next week with everything from database to design, that is a gig. That is what I want to do
If you need someone to optimise your server-performance, that will probably be a long time commitment. 

Anyway
It it is a bit of a jungle on this site, but as soon as I get things sorted out, I hopefully will get some interesting projects.

Welcome to Fiverr community and wish you all the best.

• Like 8