Is this on your gig?

newsmike

Interesting!  So the learn more bit has the following when clicked. 

What makes an order eligible for a refund?

• Deliveries that don’t align with your order requirements
  • Orders that are delivered late
  • Deliveries that contain non-original work
  • If the seller violates our Terms of Service or community standards

Points 2, 3 and 4 are great. If you scam a customer, or don't extend a delivery then they should have their money back.  However, point 1 is a bit ambiguous.  I suspect that a lot of us will need to go back and 100% nail down our descriptions and FAQs to leave no room for error.  But I agree clarity on this is needed, as it is wide open to abuse from sellers who are looking for FREE WORK 

Nevertheless. If this is already live, which it looks like it is,  maybe some gig TLC is needed by all of us after the holiday period, just to make sure that we don't give away 'preventable refunds'.  Gig descriptions, Order requirements, FAQs etc...

Especially when it looks like the freelancers will be taking the hit on this as opposed to Fiverr! 

• Like 12
  • Up 7

When not logged in I see:

Our Fiverr promise

Your satisfaction is our top priority. Payments only get released to the seller once the order is completed. Learn more about our policy.

I haven't seen that specific satisfaction guarantee (the one you showed) yet. And when I'm viewing a gig when logged in I don't see that either.

Maybe they're still trialling it. eg. doing A/B tests to see how it affects cancellations.

I expect any refund would be from the seller's side.

The TOS used to say something like "deliveries are not eligible for a refund if the deliveries were made in accordance with the gig description" (and in the link in the quote it says something similar about it only being eligible for a refund under those sort of conditions, not just for you not being totally satisfied) and that they could leave a review saying what they thought. It's probably going to lead to a lot more cancellations if Fiverr shows the message as it is in the first post.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 12
  • Up 4

3 hours ago, breals said:

Gig descriptions, Order requirements, FAQs etc...

I noticed maybe two weeks ago possibly, that Fiverr added questions to my FAQ's. Here they are: 

We’ve added these optional questions for all buyers. Take a moment to make sure your questions aren’t asking for the same information. Update Gig requirements

Dismiss
  • How will you use this order? (optional)

For business use

• Which industry is most relevant to your order? (optional)

Academic Education

Translate to English

• What are you looking to achieve with this order? (optional)

Produce a podcast

Translate to English

1. They only appear when an order is placed. I don't have any questions that are redundant to theirs. Maybe I need to go back and ask more precise questions though. 
  • Like 7

I had a customer just yesterday use the “I’m not satisfied” on me. I spoken to the client via zoom before starting the project, kept up communication while I was suppose to be on holiday, and did all the revisions asked. She had 2 orders placed with me.

I decided to take Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the day after off since I finished all the work on the 23rd. The buyer requested revisions on Christmas Eve. I told all my clients that I was not available after the 23rd to the 26th. This client starts threatening to cancel on Christmas because I was unavailable to do revisions. So on Monday, I sent client a message reminding her that I will be back on the 27th to do revisions in new orders. She stated that she needed it right away and that she would cancel if I wouldn’t be able to do it. 

So I cut my holiday short to get this done, and she still was not satisfied with the work. After the back-and-forth, I decided to grant her a cancellation for both orders. In my message to the reason why I was canceling the order was “suspected fraudulence”. That got her extremely mad however, I did not want to not let (Fiverr) know what I suspected what was going on. 

She got so mad that I decided to give her what she wanted, which was canceling the order that she decided to leave one order open to try to leave a horrible review. I brought up the issue to (Fiverr) and I’m having them handle it from there. All I want her to do is canceled the order so I can block her and never have to speak again. She was so exhausting emotionally that I am willing to give up the $100+ and time spent creating the projects. 

I don’t believe non-satisfaction without explanation should exist when it comes to canceling. However, some people do lie about what they received so they could get the project done for free. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Up 2

On 12/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, breals said:

Interesting!  So the learn more bit has the following when clicked. 

That still will be wrong advertisement. Even though they “clarify”, it still stands in the court of law that they promised to cancel if not satisfied, any kind of not satisfied. Like in Pepsi jet commercial 

• Like 8

On 12/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, kendal1747 said:

I noticed maybe two weeks ago possibly, that Fiverr added questions to my FAQ's.

I started getting those in the Order Requirements page as a buyer. It really threw me off the first time. I didn't initially notice it wasn't something the seller had set. It even happens on Custom Orders where the seller and I already discussed the project and they have all the details. So it's just an extra nuisance for me and probably the seller has no control over it.

• Like 8

I saw that on a recent order I placed and had the same thoughts. Satisfaction guarantee sounds like something from the 90s and has a bit "the customer is always right" undertones.

One key thing I will be doing in preparation for this is adjusting my revision/cancellation policy and adding a mandatory "I accept the revision policy/cancellation policy" question to my order forms.

• Like 7

On 12/27/2022 at 7:33 AM, newsmike said:

Not sure whether Fiverr is talking about spending their money on refunds or ours. 

image.png.251a8c8cc4451d66c8e2e464cb338bbf.png

There should be equal rights for buyers and sellers both, both are important for the business, If buyers take the work and hit the option I don't like then what will we do?

I also suggested previously that, Fiverr should upgrade the delivery system, such as buyers shall be able to see the delivery check on only fiver's platform but should not be able to download the deliveries,

Once they are satisfied then They should be able to download the deliveries, if they are not satisfied, then they deserve a refund and move on to the right seller.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jensfriberg said:

I mean, as a web developer, I am perfectly able to add a shut-down backdoor in case they refuse to pay me.
now your main page shows:
"I did not pay the developer who built this site"

...good luck finding someone to fix it.

Perhaps I need to start including this.

Exactly, But I think so Fiverr will investigate the case first, then will refund, If the buyer would be right, and got the delivery which wasn't mentioned in the gig description or in the mutual conversation of the discussion.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

They should be able to download the deliveries, if they are not satisfied, then they deserve a refund and move on to the right seller.

This still allows "buyers" to waste the time of sellers by asking for work, then after the hours are expended, rejecting the work. For example, I want a logo. I ask 12 sellers to make logos, and reject 11 of them. I prefer the wording in TOS that stated:

“orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the gig page.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

I disagree that "they deserve a refund", otherwise we are all doing free samples on every order, and hopefully getting a sale, as opposed to being paid for our time. 

• Like 7