Buyer request cancels order after delivery/ Customer Service

keithlashley

Question

I did an order for a buyer and he tried to get me to do things that were not on the requirements.  When I told him that we needed to deal with the things that were on the requirements first and then request to cancel the order.  I pleaded with him for more time because he wasted mine when he had me wait on him to check the work.  I now realized that he was hoping that the wouldn't pay attention to the his cancelation request as it would have automatically completed itself had I not rejected it.  I completed the requirements as well as some additional things he had requested.  I have been talking to customer support about this for over a month.  Customer service has encouraged me first to work with the buyer and the buyer is not responsive.  Then eventually they notified me over a week ago that this ticket was being viewed by their relevant "team" but still no word of when or how this will be solved.  I want to know how does Fiverr solve these issues as I noticed this does happen often.  How long does it take them.   I feel that I am in a long "cancel request war" with this unscrupulous person.

• Like 11

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, keithlashley said:

I did an order for a buyer and he tried to get me to do things that were not on the requirements. 

Good job sticking up for yourself! You should never to extra work that is not included in the order (unless you add it in as a gig extra).

9 hours ago, keithlashley said:

I want to know how does Fiverr solve these issues as I noticed this does happen often.  How long does it take them.   I feel that I am in a long "cancel request war" with this unscrupulous person.

Unfortunately, Fiverr Customer Support can't do anything while the order is still open and you are in the "cancel request war" with your customer. This cycle can go on forever if neither of you budges. Customer Support usually won't step in to intervene.

Once someone gives in, the order will either be canceled or closed. If canceled unjustly, you can then go to Customer Support to dispute the cancelation. Sometimes Customer Support will pay you for the work you do even if the order is canceled (I received payment from Fiverr because the buyer still had my files after canceling the order).  If the buyer accepts the order and closes it, you might have a very unhappy customer who will leave you a negative private and public review (but you will get paid for your work). it's really your choice how you want to go about handling this.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

I received payment from Fiverr because the buyer still had my files after canceling the order

I wanted to add, if OP sends images or videos for the final delivery, this is even easier to solve. Until the buyer accepts the order, they see a version of the delivery with a Fiverr watermark. If you, as a seller, cancel the order via CS, they never will have access to a version of your work without watermark. 

And if you start the cancellation process, the buyer can't leave any reviews, nor public or private.

But, yeah, if you cancel you can't keep the money, but sometimes you gotta loose to win!

• Like 11