English Skills Test / Gig publication not possible

mgeretshauser

Question

6 answers to this question

its for people communicating in languages or stating they have proficiency in languages besides their mother tongue. I had to take a German language test. Im not sure if it was the standard test as I was sent a message asking me to to take it and i don't know what the result was as it was hidden.  The test was adaptive, that is the questions were dependant upon previous answers. if you are being asked to take an English test to enable you to set up your gigs its going to be standard English and grammar to ensure you can communicate with customers in that language. If your English is ok you shouldn't have too much of a problem passing. when you set up your profile only add languages there that you understand.

• Like 7

On 12/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, mgeretshauser said:

I have English Basics. The Test is for English Native.

Now I'm banned for 90 days.

The English test is not for natives. Even non-natives pass it on the first attempt. The test is comprised of basic English grammar. You shouldn't be disappointed if you have failed it. You can't grow in a freelance marketplace with poor English. Focus on learning English grammar and work on polishing your skills in whatever service you are providing. Anything worth having takes time.

• Like 4