How to get my refund?

wsjnorway

Hello. 🙂

After having waited for a seller to complete a order for seven months (where he always said he was

"just 75% finished", he finally admitted that he cant complete the order and havent done anything at all, and agreed

to a cancellation. I was promised a refund, but i have yet to receive the money in my account.

Its been some weeks now and i still havent got my refund.

Is there something i have to do to get my money back? The order is already cancelled.

So… what you are telling me is, that i cant get my money back and instead have to use credit here on fiverr and risk ending up with another scammer.

We already lost 10.000 kroner during the seven month period because of this guy:

Sheriff’s note: you can’t call out other members

And our initial payment will not be returned to our accounts.

Hmm. I have to admit, we feel very cheated.

I’m sorry you’re disappointed, but Fiverr’s Terms of Service, which you said you read, understood and agreed to when you created a membership, clearly says that refunds aren’t given for cancellations, only Fiverr credit.

The forum also has some rules, too, and one says that we aren’t allowed to call people out by name here. We are only hearing one side of this story: yours. The person you’ve named is not here to defend himself or tell his side. Would you think it fair if someone called you a scammer, by name, on a professional corporate website, open for anyone to read, where you had no opportunity to defend yourself?

If you haven’t seen your purchase amount credited to your Fiverr balance, make sure that the order has truly been cancelled by both you and the seller. If you find the seller unresponsive, or that the order is cancelled but you haven’t been credited, then you can file a report with Customer Support (<-that’s a hyperlink to that area of the website, and there is a link at the top of this page and bottom of all pages on the Fiverr site). Be sure to give them the order number (#FO…etc.). If they are very busy, they may not respond immediately; please give them some time.

When deciding on a seller to use, be sure to click on their profile page, which lists all their gigs, and at the bottom shows their overall rating since starting on Fiverr (which includes ratings from gigs which may no longer be active) and the seller’s cancellation rate. These figures don’t offer explanations, of course, and some sellers have higher cancellation rates due to unexpected emergencies, such as family illness or accident, but these numbers can help you decide between several people whose work you like. Your experience with this seller is not the norm, and I know of many talented, hard-working sellers who are honest and who communicate well about how things are going.

Yes, sorry. I didnt realize it was not allowed to use names.

The seller is unresponsive, and the purchases (several gigs) were ordered separateley, as an exampe, rather than paying full for 10 gigs in one transaction, the seller insisted on bying several minimum gigs which apparantly may have jumped up the sellers numbers. What is Fiverr’s policy on this?

I must compliment you on your patience. I can barely get a buyer to wait 7 days let alone 7 months. My only recommendation is contacting customer service on fiverr. The forum is more of a place for general discussion and no action can be taken by a forum member. However, venting your concern is understandable but sorry to say, I don’t think anyone here can help you.

Reply to @wsjnorway: This is allowed. New sellers can only sell one $5 gig at a time, so when selling an expanded service/product which costs let’s say $50, then yes, the buyer must purchase 10 gigs. Fiverr has seller Levels, and each level has expanded selling tools, which make it easier for those bigger sales to be purchased. So, for example, when I started, an early sale was for $15, and my buyer had to purchase 3 gigs from me. Now, the same buyer could buy 1 gig plus 1 gig extra in one transaction.

If this seller is not working with you to help you obtain your (deserved) credit, then please do file a report with customer support, and include all the #FO… numbers for all the orders.

Archived