Work attached in artist profile not theirs?

rob_sto

Question

So I had a logo commissioned and after being burned the first time (no previous works just samples they didn't make), I took more time, found someone with comments from clients and attached work, lots of them. Paid their premium rate, gave a TON of details about what I wanted and possible future work. I get back something just so generic, 100% wrong, 2 tone (all his samples were full color) and a message saying "I didn't understand your request". Who the hell makes a logo after not understanding what a customer wants? Like, I'm just lost here, how do I find people with proof of their work? Am I finding a sweat shop account and they only post the nice looking ones? I'll admit I thought his samples were nice for how cheap but I even admitted I'd pay more for the quality I saw. I'd upload the logo but I don't want to accidentally use it and be forced to pay. I requested he just cancel but if he doesn't I'll try to re-explain and photoshopping items together. 

So really I'm curious how to tell an artist has actually done work? It's the comments with attached work, right? Because the one I just got is not the same person who did all the ones in these comments from happy customers.

Edit: seller already canceled the order. I have a few hundred to spend, I just am not lucky with people here. Guess sticking to "Top Sellers" is safest? 

Edited by rob_sto
  • Like 9

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet