Your favorite holiday/Christmas treat?

maheennadeem814

On 12/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, newsmike said:

Italian rainbow cookies.

fullsizeoutput_1c698.jpeg

these look beautiful 

On 12/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, moikchap said:

Chicken Bones are the tradition on my dad's side, specifically the Ganong brand ones. They're a cinnamon hard candy with a chocolate center.
On my mom's side it tends to be "assorted squares". Looks a bit like this.

sounds yummy 😋

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

My favorite is Pumpkin Roll Cake! I make it from scratch! I have to use Gluten Free Flour because I am allergic to Gluten Flour (Celiac Disease). I also make one that is sugar free for my sister. She is diabetic. It is delicious!              

image.png.02b4439e1606d321b6345578cd7778bf.png

Hey Kendal! Gluten-free or sugar-free, It sounds so delicious. My mommy is a diabetic patient as well and I am used to having sweets that are unsweetened 😅  I never had Pumpkin roll cake in my life but now I am thinking to have it asap ❤️

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Pfeffernusse! They're little sugar-glazed spice cookies.

We use an old-world recipe from my grandmother (All my grandparents are from Germany... I'm 2nd gen American, so try to hold onto a few foods and traditions.)

☺️ yummy! I like that you have a way to preserve your family traditions.❤️

• Like 4

I am from Venezuela. We make a dessert with green papaya in a spiced syrup. It's tasty, but it's not my cup of tea. It's called dulce de lechosa.

Dulce-de-lechosa-receta-facil-1024x683.thumb.jpg.e68b0781f104c68d9381aae472f17f8c.jpg

We were very influenced by the European immigrants in the XX century, so we incorporated panettone and nougat as a holiday desserts. They even import them during December. My favorite ones are panettone al cioccolato and the soft almond nougat. This is the almond nougat I had here, sadly this year is way too pricey for me to buy one... It doesn't help with the occasional pimples I get either 😅

0013422_turron-blando-de-la-viuda-200-gr_450.jpeg.d94e73c6caf5aae051081f32dd6eeb69.jpeg

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, moonstaredits said:

I am from Venezuela. We make a dessert with green papaya in a spiced syrup. It's tasty, but it's not my cup of tea. It's called dulce de lechosa.

Dulce-de-lechosa-receta-facil-1024x683.thumb.jpg.e68b0781f104c68d9381aae472f17f8c.jpg

We were very influenced by the European immigrants in the XX century, so we incorporated panettone and nougat as a holiday desserts. They even import them during December. My favorite ones are panettone al cioccolato and the soft almond nougat. This is the almond nougat I had here, sadly this year is way too pricey for me to buy one... It doesn't help with the occasional pimples I get either 😅

0013422_turron-blando-de-la-viuda-200-gr_450.jpeg.d94e73c6caf5aae051081f32dd6eeb69.jpeg

amazing 😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2