fiverr Algorithm

uncle_ayon

8 hours ago, uncle_ayon said:

tell about fiverr new algorithm

I bet if you read the forum -- particularly the popular, or pinned posts -- you'd learn some insight you didn't know.

None of us are going to do your work for you. Great sellers do their own research. Wisdom is not hard to find.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Fam, I thought Fiverr algorithm rotate gigs?

I have had this question nagging at the back of my mind since last year. When I started up on Fiverr as a ghostwriter, my gigs were doing very well. My ghostwriting gig was on the first page for just less than 3 months, then there was a general rotation of gigs by the algorithm and my gig moved from the top of the 1st page to the 10th with about 7 or 8 orders in queue and a level 2 seller. This was September last year. 

It's been more than a year now and my gigs have never ever made it back to the 1st page. But I have observed many other gigs in my category move back to the 1st page at intervals of 3 months or less. 

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening to my gigs? I only get orders from new clients once in a while. The orders I get are from old clients which are irregular and I'm very worried because my Stats keep dropping. 

I'd appreciate any helpful response. 

Thanks in anticipation. 

Edited by scholarwrites10
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Their algorithm is confidential so we don't know lots of it. The gig title is one of the most important things for search though I think in terms of relevance (more important than gig description and probably more important than the search tags). edit: you could check the "Fiverr 3.0" thread and similar threads for ideas about those things.

We don't know how they take into account pricing but obviously if the buyer sets a minimum price it will show gigs that only have that minium (actually where one package or setting is >=that minimum, so you could have a gig with a $5 base price that's still shown for searches with a $10 budget and it may show the standard package and price in the results if that's $10). For pricing, for logged in buyers then they'll likely take into account past purchases, so if the buyer has bought things for $100 previously they might get shown results roughly around that price when doing similar searches in future (just guessing). Though since Fiverr will want to profit more they might prefer to generally show prices that aren't the lowest when when showing the gigs in the first pages of relevance.

We know performance things like late deliveries or cancellations can have a big effect on where your gig will get shown in results - it will probably go down quite a few pages in general (whichever buyer is searching) if you have cancellations/late deliveries. I expect average response time doesn't matter as much (eg. 2 hour average response time probably won't matter much compared to 1 hour avg. Though if it's very long eg. a day or more, which will affect response rate too, then that will probably affect your gig position quite a bit and chance of a buyer deciding to message).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Their algorithm is confidential so we don't know lots of it. The gig title is one of the most important things for search though I think in terms of relevance (more important than gig description and probably more important than the search tags).

My SPM told me the algorithm looks first at titles, then search tags and the last place it checks is the gig description.  

• Like 9
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, aqsariaz540 said:

How can we understand the algorithm of Fiverr

Understanding the exact details of Fiverr's algorithm is not disclosed, but key factors include relevance, performance metrics, conversion rate, activity, order history, Gig tags, and buyer behavior. Focus on providing high-quality service, optimizing your Gigs, and staying active on the platform to improve your visibility.

• Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

In order to understand the algorithm of Fiverr, it is necessary to delve into the platform's search and ranking systems. Fiverr utilizes a combination of factors such as seller ratings, completion rates, response times, and keyword optimization to determine the visibility of gigs in search results. Additionally, the platform uses machine learning algorithms to tailor results to each individual user based on their previous behavior and preferences. A thorough understanding of these factors can help sellers optimize their gigs for maximum visibility and success on Fiverr. 😊

• Like 10

You can read Fiverr Blog post, Fiverr Forum posts.

You should also read the following topics:

Fiverr's Community Standards: https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards

Gig Images: General Gig image guidelines: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15863342952977-Gig-Images-General-Gig-image-guidelines

Gig image guidelines: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410883326481-Gig-image-guidelines-Making-the-most-of-your-Gig-image

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Which part of the algorithm? There are different aspects to it. And as with Google and social media networks, they're not going to tell us everything, or people will exploit it. But if you're asking as a way to boost your account, we can probably provide some tips if you get more specific. 

Are you trying to get more sales? 

Want your gigs to rank better? 

Getting views but not conversions? 

What more specifically about "the algorithm" are you looking for? 

• Like 9