Promoted, non-promotable, promoted, non-promotable..... Why does it change as often as a little girl can pluck a daisy?

domenikbrenner

My gig is still dead, and never recovered, but it occasionally gets promoted for one day and then gets a lot of impressions. I love it. That's how I get clicks and the occasional new order. And then the next day it's "un-promotable". Of course, Fiverr never tells you why. Everything is vague. When I asked the Customer Support, they only could give me standard answers, and no one was able to tell me what exactly changed within literally one day, sometimes not even 24 hours. 

The first time I happened I had no delivered any work for a week straight, I had not even received a message, I was currently working on something for 2 days already when it was promoted, and when it stopped being promoted I had not finished with the current project, I had not received any ratings, I had not delivered in quite some time so I highly doubt someone left me a private review either.... Without any changes, I don't see how a promotable gig suddenly is deemed un-promotable. So far it happened 3 times. The first time, I believed, was some sort of mistake and that's why it stopped so abrupt, the other two times left me even more puzzled.

Has anyone else experienced this? What's your best guess for why the promotion doesn't just keep running? After all, it's a paid service and Fiverr would earn promoting my gig further than just a few hours?

he-loves-me-not-he-loves-me.gif

Edited by domenikbrenner
  • Like 4
  • Up 4

Any gigs you added after this happened pause them. the gigs with no orders on them pause them. people have got this idea of adding another 10 gigs after they have been hit by the algorithm will help. There is no logic there and you have to apply logic here.

you need to fix issues that are there, not create new issues or gigs..

you need to proofread your gigs as there are errors in the them.

This gig here.  do-data-entry-web-research-copy-paste-and-excel-data-entry

it says "customer satisfactory"  instead of "customer satisfaction"  this is a big deal for customers looking for for a virtual assistant.

you have this across most of your gigs "----Please contact me before ordering!"  Don't create hoops for customers to jump through.  This is going to have a serious impact on conversions. Ideally everything would be covered in the descriptions and faqs.

Remove anything related to discounts and justifying your prices from your faqs.  Perception is everything and if people perceive that you are going to do the work for nothing there must be something wrong with your services or you or both. Remember you are running a business, not the red cross.

this gig here proofread-and-edit-your-article-blogpost-or-document-in-24h

the image has been downloaded from the internet. it still has the dreamtime logo on it and dreamtime under it. what were you thinking. replace it.

this gig here translate-your-transcript-german-english-spanish

in your profile you only have english and german as spoken languages. Add Spanish there.. if you do speak it. 

On this gig here

create-transcriptions-for-your-videos-or-podcast

one of your gig images is broken.

on all your gigs your tags are problematic.  there is no point in using one word tags that have a vague relevance to the service. take a look at the sort of tags competitors are using. don't copy them.

your gig descriptions need updating.  you are selling the services not yourself.  All people care about is what you can do and remove any references to automation from your gigs.

stop offering people unlimited revisions. its a sign of desperation and a calling card for the type of person who is going to have you working on one order for the next ten years and then leave you one star feedback.

your prices are way too low. look at your gigs and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and at "people also viewed". how do you think those gigs got there? this is telling you something really important. look at those gigs. their prices and what they are doing. 

Let me waste some time on a story. 

Two people go into different restaurants and order two bottles of wine. one bottle is 10$. the other is 75$ the person who orders the 10$ bottle of wine is expecting cheap service, but just wants a drink. let me repeat. He is expecting cr*p before he even gets it. the only way he is going to leave a 5 star review for this restaurant is if he gets something amazing. he might even tell the waiter to take it back its rubbish and give me another bottle.  The guy who buys the 75$ bottom of wine is expecting good wine. As long as he gets something like it says in the description in the menu he's going to accept it. Do you know why? because perception is everything. He is thinking that this is going to be a good bottle of wine before he even gets it. The guy drinks it and goes home and tells his wife he found  an amazing restaurant with good wine at a low price. do you know what the different between the two bottles was? the label and the pricing. 

update your gigs, update your descriptions, update your tags, update your gig images, stop offering unlimited revisions & discounts and dont put your prices so low the algorithm says I dont want anything to do with these gigs.

• Like 5
  • Up 5

23 minutes ago, markp said:

Please contact me before ordering!"  Don't create hoops for customers to jump through.

I disagree with this advice. Sellers of some niches need to know beforehand what the customer needs and maybe even send them custom offers. A buyer placing an order and then realizing the seller can't provide that (it happens, no matter how well and clear you gig description is) leads to a cancelled order, therefore negatively affecting the gig performance... Which would also negatively affect the possibility of becoming a promotable gig. 

Everything else you said is true.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I don't really know how to answer your question, but maybe your gig quality needs to be checked. Your prices are indeed very low. Maybe add a little more value to your offers for each gig? The German-English translation one, only states "translate simply from English to German" or something like that... You could definitely niche down and maybe you would get more orders... Choose a field (whether it's medical, legal, e-commerce, the one you are better at) and focus on that field. People needing "general translations" are the ones who know nothing about what they need and are more prone to leave you a negative review, which would affect your stats. Remove the unlimited revisions ASAP, unless you want to be stuck forever with a terrible buyer. Offer no more than 2-3 in each package and charge every extra revision.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, domenikbrenner said:

it occasionally gets promoted for one day and then gets a lot of impressions. I love it. That's how I get clicks and the occasional new order. And then the next day it's "un-promotable".

This seems to suggest that everything on Fiverr works according to an algorithm that does not take into account human factors.

Imagine:

Day 1 - 10 (you have order on day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 10) (30 days)

- (60 days)

- (90 days & cycle renew)

New cycle

Day 1-8, you got the promoted function. You lost it on day 9 and got it back on day 10.

Does this make sense to you? The algorithm used by Fiverr is a confidential process, it's likely to be the combination of order quantity, public and private reviews, skill test results and average selling price etc.

It simply makes no sense to give the promoted gig feature to a seller in the same category selling $5 when some other seller is selling $20. At some point, we all need to up our fees.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

On 12/24/2022 at 9:19 AM, strategist_ceo said:

This seems to suggest that everything on Fiverr works according to an algorithm that does not take into account human factors.

Imagine:

Day 1 - 10 (you have order on day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 10) (30 days)

- (60 days)

- (90 days & cycle renew)

New cycle

Day 1-8, you got the promoted function. You lost it on day 9 and got it back on day 10.

Does this make sense to you? The algorithm used by Fiverr is a confidential process, it's likely to be the combination of order quantity, public and private reviews, skill test results and average selling price etc.

It simply makes no sense to give the promoted gig feature to a seller in the same category selling $5 when some other seller is selling $20. At some point, we all need to up our fees.

But they did give it to me. They just took it away right away.

• Like 5