Should I cancel this order? Help.

perunwebdev

Question

I've been having an issue with this one client. They haven't been on for 6 days now and I've delivered the fourth attempt at getting them an email template they want. I've been trying to understand what they want. The latest one is based on a sample design they sent. That has been the clearest they have been in what they want. I've been finding it hard to figure out what they want. Like I've asked for specific colors and what parts of past designs I've sent them that they liked or disliked. 

I don't want to cancel. They are a seller on Fiverr and they have good reviews. They don't seem to be mean and they are not from the United States. But this order has been driving my crazy. I don't want the order to automatically be finalized before the client can respond. 

What should I do?

• Like 7

4 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, perunwebdev said:

They are a seller on Fiverr and they have good reviews.

If they are a seller on Fiverr, and they became unresponsive, they either have an emergency, they grew uninterested or something sinister is going on.

You could contact customer support to cancel the order without affecting your stats on the grounds that the order requirements were actually incomplete.

Or you could let it auto-complete and send the client a note telling them that you are open to a further revision after the order completion.

Your choice.

Hope this helps!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

36 minutes ago, perunwebdev said:

I've been having an issue with this one client. They haven't been on for 6 days now and I've delivered the fourth attempt at getting them an email template they want. I've been trying to understand what they want. The latest one is based on a sample design they sent. That has been the clearest they have been in what they want. I've been finding it hard to figure out what they want. Like I've asked for specific colors and what parts of past designs I've sent them that they liked or disliked. 

I don't want to cancel. They are a seller on Fiverr and they have good reviews. They don't seem to be mean and they are not from the United States. But this order has been driving my crazy. I don't want the order to automatically be finalized before the client can respond. 

What should I do?

You clear everything well with them. You do more research and deliver beautiful designs as per their requirements. If 1 order is canceled, your earnings will not be much lost. But your account can suffer huge losses

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

You could contact customer support to cancel the order without affecting your stats on the grounds that the order requirements were actually incomplete.

What do you mean by saying that the order requirements were actually incomplete in order to not affect my stats? The design is pretty much complete and they had sent in what I requested of them at the beginning.

• Like 6

Just now, perunwebdev said:

What do you mean by saying that the order requirements were actually incomplete in order to not affect my stats? The design is pretty much complete and they had sent in what I requested of them at the beginning.

45 minutes ago, perunwebdev said:

I've been trying to understand what they want. The latest one is based on a sample design they sent. That has been the clearest they have been in what they want. I've been finding it hard to figure out what they want. Like I've asked for specific colors and what parts of past designs I've sent them that they liked or disliked. 

• Like 6