Design delivered (possibly in error) without everything I have paid for.

kefcom

Please could somebody offer some advice, I'm a bit confused as I've never used Fiverr before.

Our designer had completed 2 options for revisions on our logo and we were happy to proceed with one of them as the final design. The portal gave me two options 'Request Revision' or 'Deliver' so I clicked the option to say that we were happy to take delivery (as we did not want any further revisions) thinking that that we would then say which design we wanted so that she could then go ahead and create all of the other elements of the 'Premium' package that we have paid for using our approved design.

However, the portal now says the order is now delivered but all we have are the basic .jpg's that we were given to approve but we do not have any of the other elements of the Premium package (Logo transparency, Vector file, Printable file, 3D mockup, source file, Stationery designs, social media kit).

I don't understand what has gone wrong, as it is not obvious that I should have clicked 'request revision', when I did not want a revision, I wanted to approve the design and proceed to delivery (of all elements).

Please can somebody offer some advice as to how I can resolve this?

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 5

Looks like your designer delivered your sample as the actual delivery - which is something they are NOT supposed to do. Still, to make sure it wasnt a misunderstanding/mistake from their side (it happens) I would message them first to verify that they havent sent all the files you needed.

If they act up / promise big things but never deliver, I would contact customer service since they were against the rules.

Next time, try not to accept a partial delivery - if you're new to the site I understand that you might not be aware that being a thing though.

The only other idea that came to my mind was that maybe you set up the order with milestones? But that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Be kind but firm when reaching out (both to the designer and CS) and hopefully you'll be able to solve the issue without any major hiccups!

• Like 6
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

Looks like your designer delivered your sample as the actual delivery - which is something they are NOT supposed to do.

This is most likely it. The buyer may have been informed that you are new to the site, and tried to take advantage of the fact you may not understand how things are done.

It is on them for creating this confusion as they shouldn't have sent samples and in-progress-work as the final delivery. Even to a veteran buyer that is just distasteful.

Were they probably running out of time with the order and did this instead? It's another tactic were sellers will force a revision from a buyer, basically giving them infinite more time to finish the work. Again, distasteful and just plain wrong.

Although I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt that they might be new as well.

2 hours ago, kefcom said:

Please could somebody offer some advice, I'm a bit confused as I've never used Fiverr before

2 hours ago, kefcom said:

The portal gave me two options 'Request Revision' or 'Deliver' so I clicked the option to say that we were happy to take delivery (as we did not want any further revisions) thinking that that we would then say which design we wanted so that she could then go ahead and create all of the other elements of the 'Premium' package that we have paid for using our approved design.

I feel like for new buyers, Fiverr should take extra steps to clarify their process.

Being on a new platform and not knowing how things work can be scary. Especially with money involved and people at every turn trying to scam you out of it.

They should basically do this 👇🏽

spacer.png

• Like 2

Thank you both for your replies. 

The seller has been responsive (albeit with a delay due to the time difference) and has made the revisions we asked for, so I'm hoping this is just a mistake on their part and that they respond to my message to them and deliver the full package.

I'm glad to know though that I didn't do something stupid as it felt to me that what I was doing was logical, given that I didn't require a further revision. 

Thank you again.

• Like 4

On 12/20/2022 at 3:55 PM, kefcom said:

Thank you both for your replies. 

The seller has been responsive (albeit with a delay due to the time difference) and has made the revisions we asked for, so I'm hoping this is just a mistake on their part and that they respond to my message to them and deliver the full package.

I'm glad to know though that I didn't do something stupid as it felt to me that what I was doing was logical, given that I didn't require a further revision. 

Thank you again.

Hi, I would advice you to read terms and conditions before buying on the platform. Besides that there is no need to panic, you can always text the seller. 

• Like 1