Seller submitted a template as web design to not be late.

medyumau

Hi everyone

Im new here. Bought privately arranged below job from a Nigerian seller for $150usd.  My need was urgent with 5 days delivery.

4 Pages web design
Unlimited revisions
Basic SEO with full content 
Responsive and sleek design on Mobile/tab
Color branding
Speed optimisation
Mail setup and contact form setup
Google ads setup 

He did none of the above but submitted a wordpress template on last minute with some headers and wordings changed to fit my business name. I sent him a message to cancel and he didn't accept. I dispute with Resolution Centre but no one contacted me back. He is now using the 2 days dispute resolution time to finish the work as much as possible to fight against me through Resolution Centre.  If he forgets to respond in 2 days (which he will not) the job will be canceled automatically

I can remove his cPanel username but I didn't to be on safe side. What are my options?  Please help.

• Like 3

The reality is that a large amount of so called web designers on this platform are using templates and simply filling the text in.  This is not web design it's data entry. 

Only you can answer the question about cpanel.  If you feel that your personal data is at risk then cancel his access and await a resolution. Or you can see what he comes up with in a couple of days time and make the call then. 

Sorry you have had a bad experience on here, not all web designers are as incompetent as your current one! 

p.s.  What does privately arranged mean?  Did you conduct your business outside of the Fiverr platform? Because that is a whole different issue! 

Edited by breals
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, medyumau said:

4 Pages web design
Unlimited revisions
Basic SEO with full content 
Responsive and sleek design on Mobile/tab
Color branding
Speed optimisation
Mail setup and contact form setup
Google ads setup 

And just to add to a previous comment: if you expect all those points above and with a 5 days delivery only for 150$ then most likely you will keep bumping into dishonest sellers. 

• Like 4

Thanks to both replies.

At the begining I asked him which template he will use, he claimed he will design it from scratch. As Im new he also asked for all hosting, wordpress and google usernames and passwords. I provided him with the passwords but realised it was a mistake and I changed them back to a different password.  He has only added himself to cPanel with 2 separate usernames. 

By saying privately arranged, I was trying to say that its not an existing Gig in his list, we discussed through fiverr chat and came up with all that list. Please check attached picture.

I might delete his cPanel account until he replies. I am still happy to pay partially for what he has done so far. Would be better if Resolution Centre contacted us on time. 

new_20221219-142410_Fiverr.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, medyumau said:

At the begining I asked him which template he will use, he claimed he will design it from scratch.

Designing a theme from scratch is a lot of work and would take a lot of time.  the price you were quoted is very low if it includes content (original content) and setting up google ads and a theme designed from scratch. Anyone designing a theme is going to charge a lot more than that IF they know what they are doing and if it is really responsive. changing the c-panel password will not impact the work done as @breals said but he could turn round to support and say you removed access to the site while working on it. Its up to you there. the delivery time is very short though if this includes a custom theme and everything else he quoted you above. 

• Like 3