Blocking a buyer and canceling their order

kierarenee20

Question

I am new to fiverr so I am not sure if this is possible. I will try to keep this brief. I have a person who has contacted me and started off nice. We set up a 5 month deadline for their project giving them ample time to pay and me time to work on it with my other projects and life. Well, suddenly after starting the project they are trying to rush through. Now demanding weekly progress check ins and setting quotas for how much they want done, which will have us done well before the deadline and we hadn't discussed this. It literally came out of nowhere.  I was trying to not upset them and just going with it because I'm new and can't afford a bad review, but then I spoke up and asked since we are rushing the completion does that mean we are moving the payment dates up. He became upset telling me how he owns the copyright to the project and that I am going to be paid and not scammed and I need to trust him. I backed down. Then he got upset because I was not sending him the updates on the schedule he wanted, which he didn't communicate.  I was out of town at the time and also working on an order before him. I again try to address that him rushing the project means we need to move the payment dates and he became angry and rude again then once he got me to back down again tried to give me an Amazon gift card for Christmas.  I do not want to continue. I feel like he is going to scam me and with him being aggressive when we talk about payment and work expectations changing it makes me feel unsafe and is super triggering. What are my options? Can I cancel this and block him?

• Like 10

1 answer to this question

You can cancel the order and block him. He will not be able to review you. Your algorithm will be affected for 60 days (or so); check your inbox daily to see if there are any "break thru".

You will recover just fine.

Fiverr is not a good fit for long-term projects. If you really have to, consider setting up milestones so that you can receive periodic payments for every X% of work completed. Both you and your client can end the working relationship at each milestone.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 7