56% Fiverr Service Fee Charged on the %15 Package, I received $8.4 instead of expected $12

hfarooq94

I recently noticed something concerning my earnings. On all orders with a total of $15, Fiverr is taking a service fee of 56%, rather than the 20% advertised (paying me $8.4 instead of the expected $12). This is my most popular package, so the deviation from the standard rate of service fees is concerning.

For all other orders (with different amounts), Fiverr is fairly charging the 20% service fee. This discrepancy for the $15 package specifically is concerning. I don't know why it is happening particularly for this package. Is there a way to rectify this issue?

I hope that the Fiverr community can help me resolve this issue so I can continue to earn fair wages and provide excellent service on Fiverr.

Thank you for your attention.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

When in doubt, contact Customer Support! ☎️👩🏽‍💻☎️👨🏽‍💻☎️

That IS concerning if it's only happening to THAT particular package and nothing else.

Maybe there's an error in the system?

Did you take out a Cash Advance or are using Promoted Gigs? Those are the only options I'm aware of that can take money from you in small chunks without you realising it.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

This platform deducted USD$ 249 out of my net selling price USD$ 1,242 to my client, hence they took 20% !!! out of the order, knowing that I was reading very carefully before placing the offer and sending it to the client, and I clearly chose the option to fill in the net price not inclusive to Fiverr margin and taxes, which means Fiverr should add their margin to the total price plus taxes and show it to the client and not take it from me after the sale was closed and delivered by me. This way of bluffing people especially new talents to the platforms is not acceptable, they should have added their margin not take it away from my net price. It was so frustrating and I would highly not recommend working on this platform because it's not professional and a big loss of your money and the client's money as well, there are better platforms available for voiceover services, and I have informed the client about this as well. I lost my margin and now I'll have to pay my sound-engineer the whole amount and I got no profit at all and wasted my 72+ hours of working on this project. What a waste of time and unfair platform.   

• Like 5

23 hours ago, hfarooq94 said:

I recently noticed something concerning my earnings. On all orders with a total of $15, Fiverr is taking a service fee of 56%, rather than the 20% advertised (paying me $8.4 instead of the expected $12). This is my most popular package, so the deviation from the standard rate of service fees is concerning.

For all other orders (with different amounts), Fiverr is fairly charging the 20% service fee. This discrepancy for the $15 package specifically is concerning. I don't know why it is happening particularly for this package. Is there a way to rectify this issue?

I hope that the Fiverr community can help me resolve this issue so I can continue to earn fair wages and provide excellent service on Fiverr.

Thank you for your attention.

I think @izah_mohanswered you.

13 hours ago, izah_moh said:

Did you take out a Cash Advance or are using Promoted Gigs? Those are the only options I'm aware of that can take money from you in small chunks without you realising it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ammar_kassas said:

and I clearly chose the option to fill in the net price not inclusive to Fiverr margin and taxes, which means Fiverr should add their margin to the total price plus taxes and show it to the client and not take it from me after the sale was closed and delivered by me. This way of bluffing people especially new talents to the platforms is not acceptable, they should have added their margin not take it away from my net price.

"Chose the option to filling the net price" I've never seen this option a day in my life. Can you please provide screenshots of what you mean?

Also, you'll be shocked to find out, Fiverr takes 20% from sellers AND buyers. And they've made that very clear for whichever side of the aisle you land.

That poor client ended up paying $1,491 and you got only $993 from it. Giving Fiverr a nice $498 to take home. (If my math is correct and your numbers are accurate. I just woke up, go easy on me if I'm wrong somewhere)

But hey, don't complain! We signed up for this! (Both buyers and sellers)

• Like 5
  • Up 1