I got panalized for deliverying "too early"

nidahasa

I couldn't deliver my last gig on the deadline, so I requested an extension. It was a weekend and my client would usually respond in week days. I have worked with this client in the past and I was sure that they will have no problem extending the deadline. So, while the request to extend the deadline is pending, I delivered the job as soon as I finished it, because I thought that's the best thing to do: deliver the work the earliest possible. But I was wrong!

The client had approved the request on Monday and very happy with the job and gave me 5 stars. But on the Dashboard, my "delivered on time" stats has gone down. When I contacted the customer care, they told me that my delivery is marked as a late delivery because I delivered it before the client has approved to deadline extension request. If the client has rejected the request, I understand that my delivery would be marked as a late delivery and that's totally fair. But in this case, my delivery was marked late because It's being delivered too early!

That's clearly a bug in their software because delaying a delivery for whatever reason than necessary doesn't make any sense to Fiverr or the client. Shouldn't our target be delivering the work the earliest possible?

The customer service was like, they do understand my point, but there's nothing they can do about it? What? It's like, yes, OUR system is buggy, but WE can't (or don't want to) do anything about it; just live with it?

Pathetic!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nidahasa said:

But in this case, my delivery was marked late because It's being delivered too early!

Technically you were late. You missed your deadline and delivered your order after the deadline, that’s why you are penalised. And in some cases if your clients approves extension after your deadline you order still might count as late. 

• Like 3

@mariashtelle1 is correct - if you have an extension request open and the order goes into late mode, your order will be counted late if you deliver before your client responds to the extension request.

What you can do at this point (if the buyer is willing), is cancel the order and open a new order and deliver on that order. That would get rid of the late delivery and the cancelation would not affect your order completion rate as long as the buyer accepts the new order within 2 weeks of the cancelation. I would only do this with a buyer that I have a close relationship with.

To avoid this in the future, always give yourself plenty of time to complete your orders. If you need extensions, request for an extension early enough that you can submit another extension request before the order expires.

52 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And in some cases if your clients approves extension after your deadline you order still might count as late. 

@mariashtelle1, can you explain this one? I have always had my order counted as "on-time" if my client approves an extension after my deadline passes. It only went into "late" status if my client didn't approve the extension request in time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:22 AM, nidahasa said:

Sad to hear. Similar thing happened to me, as I was on my way to hospital due to health emergencies & couldn't have access  to my computer to deliver part of the job.  Since I was dealing with a regular client which I knew he absolutely would have accepted my 1 day extension request, I thought all is well. Turns out, he saw and accepted my request within minutes after the delivery time had reached deadline ( I live in Australia so my clients often need more time to see my messages, same w me) , and that way, my delivery was marked late & I was downgraded from level 2 seller to level 1 immediately. I had enough of it all and left Fiverr for 2.5 yers despite being highly rated and popular. I have very strong codes and I don't support unjust systems, algorithm based or human. I lost money for 2.5 years and so did Fiverr. Not surprised that this issue still has not changed. It is the law of numbers. We all have to live and abide by certain rules. 

12 minutes ago, gitioracle said:

Not surprised that this issue still has not changed.

The OP described different problem. He delivered his order BEFORE client accepted extension request. 

and as I’m aware now it doesn’t affect your stats if the client accepts your extension request after the deadline. 

• Up 1