A client leaves a message through requesting a revision. What next?

peckhamcc

Question

My order was due December 16. I delivered it December 15. I didn't receive a response until December 18, which was a revision request. I looked at the request instructions and it was basically "thanks, sharing with the client, will let you know." Because she did this through a revision request, what is the best action to take as it's now listed as past due?

This is part 1 of 2 milestones for the order.

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

If you delivered the order on time you're not getting penalized. Revisions will always say that, but as I said, if you delivered within the deadline specified when the custom offer was sent, you are fine. You can wait for their reply, hopefully it won't take forever.

Thank you. I've never had someone use the revision request as a messaging system so was caught off guard. I'm worried about not sending a revision when requested, but I guess I just have to wait.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peckhamcc said:

Thank you. I've never had someone use the revision request as a messaging system so was caught off guard. I'm worried about not sending a revision when requested, but I guess I just have to wait.

Well we are during the holidays so there are already businesses offering their teams time off. So it might take a while.

• Like 2