Last-Say of The Buyer And Two Consecutive De-rankings

priyan87

Hello.

Please see the attached impression graph of my main gig. I have numbered the number of times my gigs got de-ranked in the graph.

I got my gigs got de-ranked 8 times since I started to sell my services on Fiverr. But it was bearable as I got orders between the de-rankings to make a living. And the de-rankings gave me time to up my game by fine-tuning my gigs to provide quality work with the best customer service. Plus, every good seller out there should have a chance to be re-ranked and get orders.

But I cannot say the same thing for the 8th (present) de-ranking I'm experiencing. There were only four days between the 7th and 8th de-ranking where I did not get any orders. There were only four orders since the 7th de-ranking (since 07th November 2022) up until now. I managed to get them via social media sharing and from returning buyers, for which I got 5-star ratings. And looking at the four positive reviews I received for them and two buyers placing back-to-back orders, I'm NOT worried about their private feedback. So I believe this unfortunate situation occurred from the order I completed on 07th November 2022.

A buyer with +500 seller reviews contacted me and checked my availability. I said that I was available and listened to his requirement. After making sure he read and understood my gig conditions, I sent him a custom offer covering all his needs. The buyer accepted it within a minute and then expressed there was some extra work as well. Then he vaguely answered the questions and submitted the questionnaire promising he would complete it in 24 hours. I politely explained to him that I needed the details asap as the order clock had started. And he had sent the details via a Fiverr message along with a few video links after about 12 hours while I was asleep. So I read it about 20 hours after the commencement of the order. I noted there was too much extra work he did not mention in the initial discussion. If it had been a small amount of extra work, I would not mind. I would do it for free, as I generally do when I face similar situations. But his extra work was a lot.

Then I messaged him back and attempted to start a conversation about the discrepancies between his initial requirement and the requirements he had sent. What he did was initiate a dispute requesting to cancel the order mutually. It was like he did not even bother to explain. I rejected the request mentioning there was no error from my side and that I do not wish my gigs to be de-ranked because of this cancellation. It seemed the buyer gave me an ultimatum; to complete the order regardless of the extra work or cancel it. I did not wish my gigs to get de-ranked for another 5 1/2 months like the 1st time (I wrote a separate post regarding that incident 1 year and 2 months back. You can find it in: community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/265055-fiverr-gig-de-ranked-for-5-months-after-an-argument-with-a-vid-buyer-followed-by-an-order-cancellation/#comment-1651800 ). So I said I would deliver the requested work.

Then I gave extra special attention to his order and proceeded with it. I made sure to separately present the default work and extra work I did on the delivery PDF. I hoped the buyer would notice the quantity of the extra work I had done and consider additional pay as a tip. I delivered the PDF 24 hours before the deadline and was hoping for the best. After about two days, the buyer completed the order and gave me a 5-star rating with a positive review (As you know, I was not aware of his rating until I rated him). But I never received an extra payment as I expected. I knew I deserved it for the amount of effort I put in. So I gave him a 1-star rating and wrote a summary of my negative experience as the review. I believe it triggered the buyer to submit negative private feedback. And I am pretty sure it caused these two consecutive gig de-rankings spanning 41 days and counting. 

I contacted Fiverr customer service and asked for clarification on the last-say of buyer. I needed to know whether there is a system to nullify negative private feedback from a buyer if they have given a 5-star rating to the same order and provided a positive review. It seems there is not. This incident again made me feel the buyer always gets the last saying whatever their actions were, and the seller has to pay the price by getting de-ranked.

I really wish my gigs would be re-ranked soon.

Gig De-ranking Timeline.jpg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1