2023 Gig Checklist. Get ready now!

newsmike

It is that time of year when I remind you the 2 most important things you can do right now are:

1. Bump your rates to pace with global inflation. Even though it will be a little less than 2022, the 5% global average is still shrinking your buying power, so you must increase earnings by 5% just to tread water:  Recommended minimum 5% bump immediately.

image.png.2c8666ebb9e979b64157155a6f9c2b85.png

Source euromonitor.com

2. Take a hard look at your gigs. Rewrite the descriptions for freshening. Make sure your best samples from 2022 are in your gallery, and improve any areas of service that you can. Maybe you can deliver in 2 days instead of 3? 

Bottom line, sellers are still flooding the site, make sure you don't let your offerings look stale. I still maintain that the algorithm likes freshening of gigs.

Happy and prosperous 2023 to everyone. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 41
  • Confused 1
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 6

On 12/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, newsmike said:

the 5% global average is still shrinking your buying power, so you must increase earnings by 5% just to tread water

Thanks @newsmike! This was a good reminder for me - I had a lot of buying power just by earning in dollars and spending in yen. Now I don't have that luxury and my cost of living is much higher now that I'm back in the US.

make sure you don't let your offerings look stale. I still maintain that the algorithm likes freshening of gigs.

With all the new updates and tools that Fiverr has been rolling out to help sellers make their profiles and gigs stand out and look more professional, my gigs definitely need upgrading!

The price of my services will be increasing considerably and I will be revamping and elevating all of my services. I have a lot of work to do over the holidays!

Happy and prosperous 2023 to everyone. 

A good one to you too, @newsmike! 😊 Thanks for all your help this year!

• Like 18
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tauseef_ahmed1 said:

Hello Fiverr members, I want to know how much taking time the Fiverr system to rank gigs, after rewriting descriptions or changing tags.

What about improving product quality? Seems everyone wants to shuffle tags, but rarely talk about the quality of what they sell up against the TRS/PROs in their verticals. If your coffee is lousy, no amount of SEO fiddling will help.

• Like 14
  • Up 5

10 hours ago, newsmike said:

What about improving product quality? Seems everyone wants to shuffle tags, but rarely talk about the quality of what they sell up against the TRS/PROs in their verticals.

Thanks to you @newsmike, I finally updated my gig images, gig videos, titles, tags, packages, prices, times, and gig descriptions before my New Year's celebrations! 

I also branded all my services with a logo, created 2 tiers of services (business support and career services), and added 2 more gigs.

This only represents a fraction of what I'm planning to do to increase the quality of my services.

Back to your question on quality - no one wants to talk about improving quality because it's hard. It's so much easier to update title & tags and call it good.

Improving quality is tough because it's a never-ending cycle.  I'm still not satisfied with where I am and know that I need to upgrade my skills, portfolio, workflows, and gigs (still!) so that I can compete with the TRS and Pro sellers in my category.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 2

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks to you @newsmike, I finally updated my gig images, gig videos, titles, tags, packages, prices, times, and gig descriptions before my New Year's celebrations! 

I also branded all my services with a logo, created 2 tiers of services (business support and career services), and added 2 more gigs.

This only represents a fraction of what I'm planning to do to increase the quality of my services.

Back to your question on quality - no one wants to talk about improving quality because it's hard. It's so much easier to update title & tags and call it good.

Improving quality is tough because it's a never-ending cycle.  I'm still not satisfied with where I am and know that I need to upgrade my skills, portfolio, workflows, and gigs (still!) so that I can compete with the TRS and Pro sellers in my category.

I just looked at your gigs and the are brilliant. The perfect balance of using a design that is consistent enough to build a visual branding across all of them,  while changing the secondary elements to reinforce the service being offered. And your headshot as a constant anchor is great. Excellently written descriptions, and priced well above attracting problem buyers. 200+ 5 star reviews. This already looks TRS, and I'm sure that will be soon for you.  Congrats. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I just looked at your gigs and the are brilliant.

Thanks @newsmike! It took me a long time to get the design right and to set up my packages better. I always like how you remind me to look at my prices.

It looks like I was doing a lot of extra work for free in most of my gigs and packages. I was charging the same rates for a resume (whether it was a new HS grad, IT professional, or C-suite executive). I broke up my resume writing gig into three gigs to allow me to structure my packages and gig extras better.  It makes me nervous to break up my main gig into three services but I'll monitor how these gigs perform and will make any necessary adjustments.

Bottom line, sellers are still flooding the site, make sure you don't let your offerings look stale. I still maintain that the algorithm likes freshening of gigs.

I agree with this! I realized I was giving advice on the forum about how to improve peoples' gigs yet my own gigs needed to be refreshed.

I can already see an uptick in my gigs' performance, so it looks like the updates are helping!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I agree with this! I realized I was giving advice on the forum about how to improve peoples' gigs yet my own gigs needed to be refreshed.

Coke and McDonald's change copy every couple weeks. Just that they have huge staffs and agencies to work on it full time. It always pays. 

11 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I can already see an uptick in my gigs' performance, so it looks like the updates are helping!

Excellent. Very happy for you. I am reworking my gigs right now. Good Luck!

• Like 12

21 hours ago, newsmike said:

What about improving product quality? Seems everyone wants to shuffle tags, but rarely talk about the quality of what they sell up against the TRS/PROs in their verticals. If your coffee is lousy, no amount of SEO fiddling will help.

Thank you sir for your precious advice. Sir can you check my gigs and description?

• Like 11