Can't new sellers get any opportunities?

uzzal32

Fiverr team please hear us!!!

I applaud Fiver's new Get Matched system. This is a great way to find work for qualified sellers. But it probably puts new sellers at a bit of a disadvantage. Because new sellers are not getting any brief. ‍So, for those who are new to Fiverr or who have a few  5 star reviews, please give them a chance. Because those who are new, they may have the ability to do good work. And in between those who have completed 3/4 tasks and got 5 star reviews can also expect to get a chance. The previous buyer request system on Fiverr,  where new sellers like us could try to get work. Yes, I agree that many spammer spammed or abused the previous system. But what is the fault of those who came to this platform hoping to do good work? If fiverr authorities do not consider them, then it will be unfair to them. May impose conditions if necessary to allow entrants. Still I would strongly request Fiverr authorities to consider giving opportunity to new but quality sellers like us. Otherwise, most freelancers will lose interest in working here in the near future. So it should be arranged that we get at least 2/4 briefs a week. Then we will be motivated to prove our worth.

Hope fiver authorities will consider my request.

Edited by uzzal32
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, uzzal32 said:

Then we will be motivated to prove our worth.

Fiverr gives new sellers a boost at the very beginning - that is when you are supposed to prove your worth, like many other sellers have. Briefs are just an 'extra' and still under construction, so I'm sure that eventually, some will reach new sellers as well (new features take a while to work out.) Relying on briefs/BR was never Fiverr's intention - so all you have to do is find different ways to impress clients via the search function. It's not as easy as it sounds, of course, but trust me, there's been many new sellers on the forum who managed to climb up in ranks WITHOUT relying on either (and instead, focusing on showing their talents.)

As a TRS, most of the briefs I get for now I pretty irrelevant - some are OK, but not quite there - I'm not sure you'd like to get those kinds of 'jobs' and keep rejecting them again and again. 

Focus on you and use all the tools Fiverr HAS given you (a boost, ability to have many gigs, to get the rising talent badge, to promote yourself (in relevant spaces), ETC. )

• Like 12
  • Up 3

51 minutes ago, katakatica said:

you have to do is find different ways to impress clients via the search function.

Your suggestions are really encouraging. But how is it possible to bring the gig to the front of the search results? I do well research before publishing gigs. Even after providing low-competition keywords, good TITLE with keywords, suggested tag usage, and SEO friendly descriptions, the gig can't rank.

Edited by uzzal32
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

I totally agree with @uzzal32. I'm also fighting with every techniques I found on the earth of internet but any of them don't work for me. 

I'm an SEO expert. As a result, there is nothing left to optimize gig SEO. My gig performed in the 3rd page instantly after optimizing it.  But it doesn't go up anymore. I analyzed lots of gigs and found that most of the gigs aren't optimized but in the top position. I achieve a good rank on Google for my website against my SEO efforts but why it doesn't work on Fiverr?   Everyday I am suggested to improve gig SEO. But I got tried to hear this tip. Fiverr is totally different than search engines. I think there is only a effective way to get orders as a new seller, drive few clients from outside and earn some reviews which are quite difficult task.

Finally, while survival on Fiverr is not impossible, it is difficult for new sellers. Never, ever give up hope.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, uzzal32 said:

Your suggestions are really encouraging. But how is it possible to bring the gig to the front of the search results? I do well research before publishing gigs. Even after providing low-competition keywords, good TITLE with keywords, suggested tag usage, and SEO friendly descriptions, the gig can't rank.

At this point, if I were you, I'd start questioning if I'm following the right advice AND selling products that people actually need/look for. 

Think about it this way.

If you do a search on the forum, you'll see that rank as it used to be doesn't exist. Search results are fluid - and part of what 'places' you is relevance (to the person doing the search) based on price, etc. - and the other is, well, performance (which is how you did on your previous orders, etc.) SEO is still important from what I understand, but it's not the deciding factor. The issue is that all of those things you've listed are very generic advice. What you need to do is find what works for you, NOW (so not based on 2-3 years old videos, etc.) 

My advice to you to start with would be better gig images  - they aren't awful, per se, but as designer you could do miuch better. People will judge you based off your art, right? Many of your examples I could recreate in canva or photoshop within a few minutes - what stops potential clients from doing the same? Once you stand out amongst your peers, you have a chance. Right now, your gigs get LOST (no matter which page they are on.) 

12 minutes ago, abrahim_sem said:

My gig performed in the 3rd page instantly after optimizing it.  But it doesn't go up anymore. I analyzed lots of gigs and found that most of the gigs aren't optimized but in the top position. I achieve a good rank on Google for my website against my SEO efforts but why it doesn't work on Fiverr? 

Competition. Fiverr considers SEO, yes, but also thinks about performance (which I know is partially why new sellers feel like they have little hope.) Fiverr isn't google (and so the same techniques won't work.) Buyer's request unfortunately was at the point where it caused more harm than good. If I'm being honest - new sellers will likely get more briefs as they get passed over (by more experienced sellers, etc.) or if they are relevant, but it's still a new system so it's hard to tell how that will work.

Fiverr doesn't really 'favour' experienced sellers anymore than other engines favour sites that have proven to be more profitable. As mentioned before, when you first start your account, you get a pretty good boost that should be enough to get you seen at least. Once that fades, things get trickier, but not impossible.  In your case, I honestly would just try to niche down - maybe you can offer all these services for more specific target audiences? For example, my target audience is gamers (mostly) so I focus on writing for games and narrative design. (not SEO though, I know very little about that.) Maybe you can find a field that has less SEO writers and try from scratch? (I WOULD do research about this, but trying wouldn't hurt. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, katakatica said:

At this point, if I were you, I'd start questioning if I'm following the right advice AND selling products that people actually need/look for. 

Think about it this way.

If you do a search on the forum, you'll see that rank as it used to be doesn't exist. Search results are fluid - and part of what 'places' you is relevance (to the person doing the search) based on price, etc. - and the other is, well, performance (which is how you did on your previous orders, etc.) SEO is still important from what I understand, but it's not the deciding factor. The issue is that all of those things you've listed are very generic advice. What you need to do is find what works for you, NOW (so not based on 2-3 years old videos, etc.) 

My advice to you to start with would be better gig images  - they aren't awful, per se, but as designer you could do miuch better. People will judge you based off your art, right? Many of your examples I could recreate in canva or photoshop within a few minutes - what stops potential clients from doing the same? Once you stand out amongst your peers, you have a chance. Right now, your gigs get LOST (no matter which page they are on.) 

Competition. Fiverr considers SEO, yes, but also thinks about performance (which I know is partially why new sellers feel like they have little hope.) Fiverr isn't google (and so the same techniques won't work.) Buyer's request unfortunately was at the point where it caused more harm than good. If I'm being honest - new sellers will likely get more briefs as they get passed over (by more experienced sellers, etc.) or if they are relevant, but it's still a new system so it's hard to tell how that will work.

Fiverr doesn't really 'favour' experienced sellers anymore than other engines favour sites that have proven to be more profitable. As mentioned before, when you first start your account, you get a pretty good boost that should be enough to get you seen at least. Once that fades, things get trickier, but not impossible.  In your case, I honestly would just try to niche down - maybe you can offer all these services for more specific target audiences? For example, my target audience is gamers (mostly) so I focus on writing for games and narrative design. (not SEO though, I know very little about that.) Maybe you can find a field that has less SEO writers and try from scratch? (I WOULD do research about this, but trying wouldn't hurt. 

Your words are captivated me. Thank you for sharing your valuable words.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, uzzal32 said:

So, for those who are new to Fiverr or who have a few  5 star reviews, please give them a chance. Because those who are new, they may have the ability to do good work. And in between those who have completed 3/4 tasks and got 5 star reviews can also expect to get a chance.

It would be wise for you to learn how to make your own opportunities, and build your own success, instead of expecting someone else (Fiverr in this case) to do it for you. You are not entitled to chances, you make them yourself. Fiverr loves sellers who do their own work, and make things happen  for themselves. Afterall, that's the point of being a freelancer.

23 hours ago, uzzal32 said:

Then we will be motivated to prove our worth.

So, it sounds like you're saying that you won't be motivated to succeed, until someone else does things for you? How is that fair to the great sellers who take freelancing by the horns, and do the work themselves? Please take responsibility for your own customers, your own orders, and your own success.

• Like 9
  • Up 1