Why is customer support so horrible?

wiebesworks

Question

Customer support, and I use this term very loosely as it doesn't fit, is a real pain in the behind.

All I am getting is robotic replies with a copy pasted reference to their rules, that are not at all relevant or helpful. When I persevere and finally reach a live person, the first thing they will do is see if they can actually turn it around and admonish me instead for some perceived wrongdoing. It feels like they are actively trying to dissuade you from seeking support. Why? Why do you have to be like this Fiverr?

Backstory:

I am a freelancer. Through consistent effort and a bit of luck I managed to gain 80/80 5-star ratings on Fiverr. My main product is LIVE chess lessons. For those, it's obvious that people have to schedule with me, and show up for the session. It's not like a product I can create and deliver without their cooperation. I've had it happen multiple times now that people order and then go unresponsive. Or we schedule, and they don't show up.... In both of these situations I am not allowed to hit deliver, since there is no product delivered, but these people do take up my timeslots when scheduled! Also when I cancel, my completion rate goes down... so I just cannot win here. 

Approaching customer support with this problem, I get the abovementioned treatment. It's really crazy... After persevering I reached an actual staff member, name Carter, who said he understood my ( obviously logical ) point and said he'd help me out if I provided the information and backstories to these orders. To my surprise a day later, another customer staff support member ( Paola ) came into the conversation saying she closed the ticket because it was merged with another pending request ( not even true ). So my request was ultimately completely shut down. I can not work being bullied like this. It's super clear that I'm not at fault in these situations, and still... no help... just automated replies and warnings when I reach out for support. It's ridiculous but also very sad, because I put my heart and soul into my work. Unless this gets resolved I can not bear working under these bullies. Is there any way to call support? Talk to an actual person? Get some customer support from customer support? Any help is greatly required, because I am very stressed out about this.

Kind regards and thanks in advance, 

Wiebe

• Like 9

3 answers to this question

16 hours ago, wiebesworks said:

Any help is greatly required, because I am very stressed out about this.

Hi @wiebesworks, I'm not sure if much can be done with your current orders, but you might want to change your policies a bit. I know others who offer live sessions who put it in their FAQs that a "no-show" is the same as a "completed gig." Here's how @williambryan392 states it:

image.png.4bbbd67fa97b9515e2de4a8463482be5.png

You could have a similar policy (obviously don't copy the one above word for word). That way, if a buyer ghosts you on a call, you can close the order and deliver it. Make this policy clear upfront so that you have a clear case to show Customer Service should your buyer want to cancel. You can easily prove that the order doesn't qualify for a cancelation.

Currently Customer Service can't really help you because you don't have a policy like this in place.

• Like 9

Hi Vickieito, thanks for your reply! I got a strict warning from Fiverr that that wasn't allowed when I contacted support, maybe that support staff member was being overly strict, but are you sure this is allowed? I feel like the slightest mistake will cost me, however I do feel like this would be the justified approach..

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, wiebesworks said:

Hi Vickieito, thanks for your reply! I got a strict warning from Fiverr that that wasn't allowed when I contacted support, maybe that support staff member was being overly strict, but are you sure this is allowed? I feel like the slightest mistake will cost me, however I do feel like this would be the justified approach..

Can you let me know exactly what Fiverr said "wasn't allowed"?

I know for sure that empty deliveries are against ToS, so you still need to send the buyer a delivery when there is a no-show. You should also describe how you are delivering according to your policy/order specs.

• Like 4
  • Up 2