Need Buyers?. Don't give up, be patient

ahmadtrans

Every seller need to sell his/her Gigs, you will do, but be patient.

I will start with my story, I start on Fiverr.com 4 months ago. actually I’m a designer. I searched for the most needed things to be designed and among buyers needed. I start with business cards designing, 2 weeks but no one ask for an order :-/ . then I thought about infographics. now all people need infographics. I start to make templates. Then I made designing infographics Gig. Initially, no response, but I didn’t give up I was still checking every day for order. once I saw an order :D. I was so happy and try to understand what the buyer need exactly. I worked hard to make a unique infographic to him, and I never be disturb of the editing he was making. he was so happy with my design, and gave me top rating. from here the start was. what Fiverr made is try to publish you among the buyers. that because it already has benifit from your Gigs. and then I get a lot of orders. and start with another Gigs. now I’m level 1 seller, and I can make more than 5$ from the one Gig by add extras like fast deliver.

Tips and points of this story: B-)

• Don’t search about what sellers do and make the same, but looking for what sellers need.
  • Be sure that you can do the Gigs you make with professionality.
  • Be patient.
  • When order come, don’t let buyer see that you are afraid and be proud of what you did.
  • Be fast on your replying and making the order. But being fast don’t mean work without professionality.
  • If your Gig need suggestions, don’t be Stingy, give your sellers suggestions to choose among them.
  • Be polite, respectable, and funny sometimes with you sellers.
  • Make all the edits sellers ask with a smile on your face.
  • Don’t be greedy if your sellers ask for edits or orders bigger than what usually you do.
  • Put a photos or videos of what you have done to your sellers on your gig to bring trust of another sellers.
  • Don’t ignore any order if you have a some other orders, and explain to the seller that you have some sellers before him/her.
  • Last thing, never thing that you will be reach one with fiverr, but you can make extra money to buy something you wish, pay your bills, or increase your pocket money.

Hey please help me. this is my story…

I have a positive buyer (he did not order), but he left me instructions for his 3 banners. He said he’ll let me play with the designs. So I gave my best on the first banner and 2nd banner since it would be my first customer.

I sent him the JPG copy of the designs, He left me a reply:

Buyer: Banner 1 is perfect!

And I replied to him saying that I was grateful and asking him about his opinion about banner two so I can make the revisions. Unfortunately, no reply. I was checking my inbox the whole time and still… no reply.

I continue to make revisions on the banner 2 since I wasn’t satisfied and checked my inbox just this morning and no rely still. So I decided to leave a message that he should reply within 24 hours since I was all out for the design, or else I will report him for running away and for wasting my time and effort.

6 to seven hours passed, He reply and said, he was away that’s why. Additionally, he will cancel it.

How come? HE DID NOT PLACE AND ORDER AND DID NOT LEFT ME ADDITIONAL MESSAGE and that made me think he will run away and gonna waste my time.

What should I do to avoid clients like this? What is your opinion about what happened to me?

I am a newbie so please help me.

Great tips there, Thank you for that. I’m also an experienced graphic designer providing my services on various platforms for over 6 years now. Just registered on fiverr and trying to make some room here too 🙂

@metzsss the buyer did not placed an order and yet you make the banner for him? You should not do that in the 1st place. As a seller, we must protect ourselves too, we provide a service here, not a charity.

Buyer is not always right, so do protect yourself and stop wasting time on buyers like him without any info given.

Reply to @metzsss: Hi Dear

Sorry for being late,

To be honest, you shouldn’t ask him to cancel if he didn’t replying,

Note that he is a buyer not seller ( some time the both)

So he might didn’t enter Fiverr everyday,

Maybe he was busy, maybe he ask some one else for banners also.

You should be patient and forget him, sometimes I’m designing Stationery or Infographic for 3 days and then customer didn’t like my job that because he has an idea in his mind, and he couldn’t deliver it to me.

so my advice is don’t make any design just if buyer order from you.

so if buyer didn’t reply you, you can make the work as delivered and fiverr will make your order as accomplished automatically after 3 days and send to you your money (after of 15 days of clearing). So in this way you will not use your work or money.

I wish I could help you and I will do always 🙂

Regards.

I have this another story -

A buyer order an extra fast delivery in 3 days right away,

without inbox me to ask if I could handle the design, and state that don’t cancel the order because he will inbox me the details

So I inbox him, got the ‘characters’ he wanted but still not a clear idea. he reply me back in half a day, with different idea, I wasn’t so sure and asked him to clarify again. The second day he reply me by a totally new idea then he went silent. It confused me so much as he had given me 3 ideas already. I was late to deliver so I have choose to deliver the first design he had mentioned. He reply back by another totally new idea… Wasn’t quite sure what am I suppose to do now.

I realize how important this line is : please inbox before order

Reply to @metzsss: Hi,

Pretty much sad! 😦

I would advise you to not entertain buyers on inbox messages. you have your gig portfolio for showcasing.

In worst case if you think the buyer can order you in bulk if you show him one design - forget that you need him (he needs you instead thats why he is messaging you). In such case decide upon number of demo you will create and then ensure the watermark on the design created so that he cannot cheat you.

Thanks,

Vijay

Thanks for the encouraging story and great tips! My friend and I started this gig but we haven’t been doing much to promote it, it’s a little difficult selling actual products instead of services which are generally more flexible and customizable to various needs but we’ll keep at this. Some day our time will come and we will start picking business. Good luck to everyone out there trying to sell your gigs and I hope things pick up for you real soon! 🙂

I just started my first gig http://www.fiverr.com/s/580a9z and this advice is very helpful. Thank you for posting this advice.

http://www.fiverr.com/s/580a9z//cdnec20.fiverrcdn.com/assets/v2_backgrounds/bg-homepage-welcome-voiceover-85e9bdff303ae429fa2707d9da7cb208.jpg

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

• 3 weeks later...

Archived