Photographers: "My Portfolio" section missing "photography" category??

aggie_n

Hi! I've noticed Fiverr made some changes recently and they finally created a separate category fo Photography (before that, my gig had to belong to video and animation's subcategory "photography", or maybe it was graphics and design's subcategory, doesn't matter). Now, on your profile there is a section called "My Portfolio" where you can upload Projects. Each project needs to be placed in the correct category. I cannot find any photography category or subcategory... Does anybody know where it is or in what category to place a product photography project? I feel like placing it in "Other" subcategory will somehow mess with the algorithm. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 11.36.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 11.36.30 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

6 hours ago, aggie_n said:

Right, but it doesn't show in Lifestyle category in the drop down menu when trying to categorize a project. 

I love your portfolio that you have up @aggie_n! Those are great images. What category did you decide to go on for those?

You might want to reach out to Customer Service on the Photography category. It looks like they haven't updated that category in all of their features yet.

On 12/9/2022 at 4:38 AM, aggie_n said:

I feel like placing it in "Other" subcategory will somehow mess with the algorithm. 

Hmm ...I'm not sure if it would mess with the algorithm if you did that. I mostly do writing but my portfolio is only design-related. I haven't shown any of my writing samples in my portfolio yet. This doesn't seem to affect my visibility with buyers on the writing side.

Have you seen any changes in inquiries and orders on your side?

• Like 10

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

I love your portfolio that you have up @aggie_n! Those are great images. What category did you decide to go on for those?

You might want to reach out to Customer Service on the Photography category. It looks like they haven't updated that category in all of their features yet.

Hmm ...I'm not sure if it would mess with the algorithm if you did that. I mostly do writing but my portfolio is only design-related. I haven't shown any of my writing samples in my portfolio yet. This doesn't seem to affect my visibility with buyers on the writing side.

Have you seen any changes in inquiries and orders on your side?

Thank you! I appreciate it 🙂

I placed it in the "Other" subcategory for now and I will reach out to CS. I have in fact seen a huge drop in inquiries right around the time Fiverr created the Photography category - first of all, they did not even inform me that they created such a category (well, they did say hey now your gig was moved to the new photography category, but they did not say I would have had to update all keywords and features again), so for a couple of weeks, my gig's keywords and subcategories were irrelevant... I must have lost a lot of opportunities that way. I've updated it, but the engagement drop is still the same. My gig went from 23k impressions to 13k over a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if the category of my gig affected this or if it was something else. 

• Like 10

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, aggie_n said:

Hi everyone,

I'm bringing attention to this issue again. I still can't see a "photography" category when adding portfolio projects to my profile. It would be great if it existed.

Thank you

Hey @aggie_n I will look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, sorry for the delay.

• Like 4