What To Do When Fiverr Won't Help You

dertl23

I engaged a seller.  He created artwork for me.  The project parameters included revisions.

He finished the project just before I was going on vacation.  So, we agreed to do the revisions after I got back.

But, I paid in full, tipped him a further 50% of the contract price, gave him a great review.

When I asked to complete the revisions, he ignored me.  

It's been over 40 days.  He won't either do the revisions, or send me the editable files (so I can pay to have them done elsewhere)

Fiverr keeps tell me they are "reaching out to him" over and over again.

Doubtless, Fiverr has the leverage to make this seller comply with the terms of service and community standards.

Why don't they compel this seller to, at least, hand over the files?

Could it be.. because he is a high-volume seller, and I am just a single buyer?

Interested in your thoughts.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, dertl23 said:

But, I paid in full, tipped him a further 50% of the contract price, gave him a great review.

When I asked to complete the revisions, he ignored me.  

If you gave a review, that means you marked the order as completed. There is no way to ask for a revision on a completed order. 

34 minutes ago, dertl23 said:

Why don't they compel this seller to, at least, hand over the files?

That's a delicate matter. Most sellers are reluctant to give the original files as it means handing over free work, we usually send just the finished version and that's it. Don't know how would it be in this specific case because you didn't give enough context and it's just your point of view. If the package you bought didn't include the editable files there is no way the seller is obligated to share them with you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dertl23 said:

He finished the project just before I was going on vacation.  So, we agreed to do the revisions after I got back.

When one of my buyers went on an 8-week vacation, I extended the order three times so that she could have enough time to review the completed files. Any order that is incomplete (this includes the buyer's review period and revisions), should always be left opened until all steps are complete. As a buyer, I also made the mistake of "trusting" a seller and closing the order before everything was complete. It was not a great experience and unfortunately, my public review doesn't reflect that. Luckily it only took me a month to get my files.

1 hour ago, dertl23 said:

Could it be.. because he is a high-volume seller, and I am just a single buyer?

Once an order is complete, there is no incentive for a seller to do anything. Also, by marking the order as complete, you are certifying that everything that you requested was received on your end. As long as you keep the order open, the seller will be very motivated to deliver what you've ordered. If this seller is high-volume, the other orders will be higher priority because he will be working against their deadlines and will also want to get good reviews on them. Your order is already closed with a good review.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

You have cornered yourself here. On paper, seller did everything they should do and you have no more claim over it since you accepted the order, gave him a review and tipped him.

However i have seen some stories (from sellers side) that the order once was done and rewieved, it is cancelled afterwards. I dont know how, probbly you should be more "not-agreeable" when talking to the fiverr. However there is no guarantee.

To be honest, you should ask this; Should fiverr cancel the order despite everything on the paper? Just because you asked it? Look at it from the other angle. Imagine how many people would abuse the system(not saying you are) if it worked. I would flip out in front of my computer if my completed, paid, reviewed and tipped work got suddenly cancelled. I think i would kill someone close by. 

It is kinda unethical of the seller that has given you some promises and now avoiding you. But from a formal point of view, he is done.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ozan_erdi said:

But from a formal point of view, he is done.

Exactly. There is nothing else to do. Your mistake was to close the order. And on top of that you tipped the seller.... The only solution is to order again from the seller if you want to complete the work, or else, negotiate with the seller if they can complete your work for a little bit less of money (I doubt this works, but you can try). Of course it is unethical from the seller, but if the order was completed according to what they stated in the gig, there's no Fiverr refunding your money.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

10 hours ago, moonstaredits said:

Most sellers are reluctant to give the original files as it means handing over free work, we usually send just the finished version and that's it. Don't know how would it be in this specific case because you didn't give enough context and it's just your point of view. If the package you bought didn't include the editable files there is no way the seller is obligated to share them with you.

If it was part of the original order and you did not get the editable file, you can contact customer support and say that your order was incomplete.

Unfortunately, I think the seller is within his rights to not honor those revisions.

Anyway, most sellers who do Photoshop can trace the artwork to work on.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

If it was part of the original order and you did not get the editable file, you can contact customer support and say that your order was incomplete.

Unfortunately, I think the seller is within his rights to not honor those revisions.

Anyway, most sellers who do Photoshop can trace the artwork to work on.

In art gigs, there is a box to check if you are going to give the source files. If its not checked, its all words in the wind.

• Like 3
  • Up 1