Jump to content
  • 0

New cancelation policy?


tatjanamitevska
 Share

Question

Hi

First time I have seen it, it must be new because I check every day. There is a new section on each profile ( as the attachement below):

image.png.7eaf79118961063d52ce3281f53f1cb2.png

In the learn more page  there is this entire thing of how easy it to get your money back (if you are a buyer). One thing that concerns me is the following phase : deliveries that don't allign with your order requirments. (Not what the service offer, but YOUR order requiements).

While late delivery, violation of TOS and non original work can be proven, "not alligned with YOUR order requirments" can't be easily proven. What if the buyer ask for custom wordpress website and buys the basic package that include only template website with up to 3 pages? Your service offers X the client demand Y. Can he/she ask for a refund (from the page apparently is the easiest thing in the world) because they abuse of your service in this case.?Techically, your service even if delivered as promisedl, wasn't alligned with their requirments. 

@mjensen415 or anyone in the Fiverr team can please clearly explain this? How can we protect our business and revenue as a sellers,  of this very vague requiment? As it is now, any client I have ever had can claim refund claming "the work wasn't according to requirments", is so vague that is everything and nothing. What exactly is my way of proving it was? 

image.thumb.png.043ae239c34bfda896e026241e96d1e0.png

 

 

 

Edited by tatjanamitevska
  • Like 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

"not alligned with YOUR order requirments" can't be easily proven.

5 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

Your service offers X the client demand Y.

Since X ≠ Y, this is easy to prove.

If the client orders a package that doesn't align with what the client is asking for, you can:

1. Offer a gig extra to add on the additional service that is outside of the scope of the order. In my order requirements, I have my buyers check boxes for everything they want whether it is within the scope of my package or not). The order requirements state that if they click on something not included in the scope of my package, I will send them a gig extra for the additional service. Tips for success: As soon as an order is placed, make sure you understand what the buyer expects and what the order requirements are. If there's any discrepancy, this needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Clarifying the order requirements upfront makes it easier to prove whether the delivery aligns with the order requirements or not.

2. Cancel the order and reissue a custom order that accurately reflects the buyer's order requirements. I love this option because this allows me to have order requirements that clearly reflect what both I and my buyer agree on. I used to take the hit to my order cancelation rate to do this, but thanks to the new cancelation policy, it doesn't hurt me anymore. I usually wait until the buyer is ready to do both the cancelation and acceptance of the new order so we can do one right after the other (the new order has to be accepted within 2 weeks so it doesn't hurt your seller stats).

3. Cancel the order and contact Fiverr CS so that it won't hurt your order completion rate. Whenever a buyer orders something outside of the scope of my service, Fiverr CS has always been great at ensuring that it doesn't affect my seller stats. Because I'm great at documenting everything that's including in the scope of my services, it has never been a problem for me to prove when a buyer is asking for something that's not included.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, vickieito said:

Since X ≠ Y, this is easy to prove.

If the client orders a package that doesn't align with what the client is asking for, you can:

1. Offer a gig extra to add on the additional service that is outside of the scope of the order. In my order requirements, I have my buyers check boxes for everything they want whether it is within the scope of my package or not). The order requirements state that if they click on something not included in the scope of my package, I will send them a gig extra for the additional service. Tips for success: As soon as an order is placed, make sure you understand what the buyer expects and what the order requirements are. If there's any discrepancy, this needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Clarifying the order requirements upfront makes it easier to prove whether the delivery aligns with the order requirements or not.

2. Cancel the order and reissue a custom order that accurately reflects the buyer's order requirements. I love this option because this allows me to have order requirements that clearly reflect what both I and my buyer agree on. I used to take the hit to my order cancelation rate to do this, but thanks to the new cancelation policy, it doesn't hurt me anymore. I usually wait until the buyer is ready to do both the cancelation and acceptance of the new order so we can do one right after the other (the new order has to be accepted within 2 weeks so it doesn't hurt your seller stats).

3. Cancel the order and contact Fiverr CS so that it won't hurt your order completion rate. Whenever a buyer orders something outside of the scope of my service, Fiverr CS has always been great at ensuring that it doesn't affect my seller stats. Because I'm great at documenting everything that's including in the scope of my services, it has never been a problem for me to prove when a buyer is asking for something that's not included.

I am very aware of these rules., as I ham a Fiverr seller for 3 years now. The problem is another:

- the client order X package demand Y

- The clients receives X and is happy with the order

- The client contact customer support even after couple of month and ask for refund because "delivery no alligned with requirments"

As someone who lost 1000$ , 3 years ago for the same reason on Fiverr, with 5 star review (means the client was happy with the delivery). I am trying to make sure this doesn't happen ever again to me or anyone else on Fiverr. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I will speak with my customer success manager as I want to map from a legal point of view what is my proof and what is consider valid.

Considering my avg. order is higher than 1000$, my projects are not simple. I work on complex projects with requirments that are much more complex that the usual mini fiverr gigs. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

As someone who lost 1000$ , 3 years ago for the same reason on Fiverr, with 5 star review (means the client was happy with the delivery). I am trying to make sure this doesn't happen ever again to me or anyone else on Fiverr. 

I'm not sure if this can be avoided. Buyers can cancel for any reason, and this can happen even a year after the order completed (and with an acceptable review from the buyer). I'm curious to see how @mjensen415 responds to your question.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
28 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm not sure if this can be avoided. Buyers can cancel for any reason, and this can happen even a year after the order completed (and with an acceptable review from the buyer). I'm curious to see how @mjensen415 responds to your question.

@mjensen415 I have also message you in the extension delivery topic (I don't know why needs to be approved by you, the forum should have freedom of speech) because without any notice at all I got notification that the client has extended the delivery day. Can you explain into details how it is work? How many times can the client ask for this and for how long (n.of days). Thanks 

 

image.png.90bd068339ea6c72905df67f4f745ad0.png

Edited by tatjanamitevska
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Sorry to hear you lost 1k$, indeed the cancelation policy is weird, and goes against sellers. None of this is logical, and I myself suffered from the lame cancelation policy and got my stats down and making my gig unqualified for promotion, although I lost 1 month time and effort for a order made by a mentally unstable client. 

What I fail to understand is, why on earth this platform goes against the sellers? 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

Can you explain into details how it is work? How many times can the client ask for this and for how long (n.of days). Thanks 

Currently buyers can extend the review period up to 5 days at a time indefinitely. I also raised concerns on this in that extension thread.

So far, the longest anyone's ever extended their review period for me was for a month.

  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 12/7/2022 at 1:16 AM, tatjanamitevska said:

deliveries that don't allign with your order requirments.

I would make it simple if that happens..

First of all I would not work on the order that demands different service other than in my gig..So cancel the order upfront..

On 12/7/2022 at 2:42 PM, tatjanamitevska said:

- The clients receives X and is happy with the order

- The client contact customer support even after couple of month and ask for refund because "delivery no alligned with requirments"

In this case, I am sure fiverr Customer support does not work like a Robot and they literally look into the whole matter before proceeding any refund to buyer..

They will surely hear both side and will go through conversations and required evidence before they make this kind of judgement..

They even compensate for the chargeback so they will surely look into this kind of matter seriously !

Edited by surajrenuka
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 12/7/2022 at 9:22 AM, vickieito said:

Since X ≠ Y, this is easy to prove.

Yes, I had to read through the posts a couple of times to see if there was anything I was misunderstanding. In your post you said, "custom" vs "template"; I think it is easy to prove in the communications between both of you.

I just learned from Vickie how careful she is when she sends offers. She makes sure to lay out all the details that have been discussed... something I never thought of doing, and probably will continue to neglect until something comes along to teach me a lesson.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, surajrenuka said:

I would make it simple if that happens..

First of all I would not work on the order that demands different service other than in my gig..So cancel the order upfront..

In this case, I am sure fiverr Customer support does not work like a Robot and they literally look into the whole matter before proceeding any refund to buyer..

They will surely hear both side and will go through conversations and required evidence before they make this kind of judgement..

They even compensate for the chargeback so they will surely look into this kind of matter seriously !

In a perfect world yes. 

However take in consideration services such as SEO where is difficult to prove your have done the work you said you will. Some wordpress developers charge per hour (packages of 40h) because they develop custom feautures. Some market researcher charge per hours because it makes sense. Especially with market research you need to research everything before you can even send a custom offer to the client because data maybe not available online. Instagram growth expert charge per for the time spend not the n.of followers gained. What if the client says I have paid for 40h but I am not sure 40h have been spent on this. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, tatjanamitevska said:

What if the client says I have paid for 40h but I am not sure 40h have been spent on this. 

You make a good point.

It's important to be clear about what you're offering, as well as how you'll bill for your work. If you offer a "custom" service, people shouldn't expect to receive a "template." And if you bill for 40 hours of work, it's only fair for you to clock those hours one way or another.

  • Like 5
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
22 minutes ago, tatjanamitevska said:

In a perfect world yes. 

However take in consideration services such as SEO where is difficult to prove your have done the work you said you will. Some wordpress developers charge per hour (packages of 40h) because they develop custom feautures. Some market researcher charge per hours because it makes sense. Especially with market research you need to research everything before you can even send a custom offer to the client because data maybe not available online. Instagram growth expert charge per for the time spend not the n.of followers gained. What if the client says I have paid for 40h but I am not sure 40h have been spent on this. 

This may happen anyway..
Fiverr actually does not offer Houlry like Up W_rk and other platforms thats the reason that why there is no time tracking facility unlike others..

So creating your packages in a smart way and do not use this type of things which Platform does not offers would help..

 

You are making a point but that may happen anyway even if fiverr changes this cancellation policy..

Edited by surajrenuka
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...