I don't wish to continue working with this client but i feel like they are offended by it.

ayeshaahmed498

Hey everyone! 

I am here again. I just completed an order with a client and I don't really want to continue working with them. 

I told them politely that I won't be able to help them with new projects. but i feel like they were offended by that as they refused to reply to my text at all. 

TO BE CLEAR, I WAS SUPER PROFESSIONAL WHILE TELLING THEM ABOUT WHY I WONT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY NEW ORDERS. I WAS POLITE AND ALSO APOLOGIZED TWICE. 

I am actually worried that the client is offended and they might report my account. 

But if I haven't done anything against the TOS and completed the work assigned on time and only refused to take up more work from them in a polite manner. Am i still in trouble? 

Also I have blocked them for now so that they can't place an order. Do they still get to place an order or report my account?

Please help me out here. I will be forever grateful!

Edited by ayeshaahmed498
  • Like 5
  • Sad 5

This is business. You are not trying to make new best friends. As long as you follow the rules and remain professional, you have nothing to worry about. You blocked them, which is a good thing. Even if they reported you (for what?), Fiverr would see that you responded professionally and you won't get in trouble. Stop worrying so much and just keep following the rules and you will be fine. Sellers are allowed to block people they don't want to work with.

• Like 12
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, ayeshaahmed498 said:

I told them politely that I won't be able to help them with new projects.

I would just block them instead of telling them I cannot work with them in the future. After all they have ten days to fill out Fiverr's private review, which can be very damaging to your profile.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I would just block them instead of telling them I cannot work with them in the future. After all they have ten days to fill out Fiverr's private review, which can be very damaging to your profile.

I blocked them... i didn't know about the private review 😞 i wonder what that means?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, melanielm said:

This is business. You are not trying to make new best friends. As long as you follow the rules and remain professional, you have nothing to worry about. You blocked them, which is a good thing. Even if they reported you (for what?), Fiverr would see that you responded professionally and you won't get in trouble. Stop worrying so much and just keep following the rules and you will be fine. Sellers are allowed to block people they don't want to work with.

Thankyou so much! i blocked them. I thought that was the only right thing to do. 

• Like 5

On 12/7/2022 at 1:14 AM, ayeshaahmed498 said:

I just completed an order with a client and I don't really want to continue working with them. 

I told them politely that I won't be able to help them with new projects. but i feel like they were offended by that as they refused to reply to my text at all. 

Why did you feel compelled to tell them "politely"? You can simply refuse to work with them in the future, but you chose to tell them "I cannot work with you anymore" in a way that will elicit a response.

I have to question your decision to make them feel negative.

I think you will receive a negative private review, but it seems unlikely that you violated Fiverr's terms of service.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

On 12/6/2022 at 1:14 PM, ayeshaahmed498 said:

Do they still get to place an order or report my account?

They can't place any orders nor message you, and a report should not affect your account if you did everything according to the Terms of Service. Customer Support should take that into account and should not take further actions if you didn't do anything wrong.

• Like 5

On 12/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, vickiespencer said:

I did this thrice with some rude buyers I had, don't need to tell them that you cannot work with them anymore as they can retaliate and it's also pointless. Just block them and move on.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, moonstaredits said:

They can't place any orders nor message you, and a report should not affect your account if you did everything according to the Terms of Service. Customer Support should take that into account and should not take further actions if you didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks a lot for replying to this. I'll be doing that from now onwards. sometimes it can too hard to deal with such clients. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

It means that if the buyer feels you were rude, they can leave you a poor private review, which could lower your placement in the search and make your orders slow waaaay down for a while. 

Been 2 or more days now, my gigs stand right where they were. so i guess its all good 

HOPEFULLY *bites nails*

• Like 3

19 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I'm disappointed to see that you don't understand what a private review is. I can no longer speak with you about this matter.

Know how it feels now?

Did i offend you in the past or something? 😂

I didn't tell them i am not working with them. I just told them that i super overbooked atm and can't handle more work. I don't think there was anything that would've made them feel negative. 

I was offering them a discount but the work they asked me to do AFTER placing the order was much more than the original price. Meaning they lied to me first and then wanted me to work on that on long term basis. 

• Like 2