How to avoid being scammed?

a4advertise

I ordered a gig from someone who has no reviews. He told me it would take 15 days to complete.

We agreed and I paid the offer.. after four days, he marked the gig complete. 

Fiverr sent me a message that this job is considered done in three days and he will receive his money

I checked the delivery. I found out that he didn't do anything. And he just sent me some random pictures claiming it is his progress so far and he is waiting for approval from a third party and I should trust him because he is good and blah blah..

Now I requested revision. Would Fiverr still gives him the money in three days or should I do something different to reject the delivery?

• Like 5

bad reviews are like sword for a seller specially for a new seller. So inform him beforehand even after that if he didn't do the job properly, you should contact with fiverr support. Explain the situation to fiverr first, then make sure the seller give you the sorted work. If not, then report about him in fiverr. because this much unprofessionalism isn't acceptable at all. 

Even I'm waiting for order, but if I can't do a job I won't accept the job. Hope this help much.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a4advertise said:

Now I requested revision. Would Fiverr still gives him the money in three days or should I do something different to reject the delivery?

Sellers only get the money a week or two weeks after the order was marked as complete. As long as the order is in revision, it won't get marked as complete, and the seller won't get the money.

Your seller violated Fiverr's Terms of Service by sending you an empty/incomplete delivery. It's strictly forbidden. If you wish, you can contact Customer Support, inform them about it with screenshots showing that you didn't receive what you ordered, and ask them to cancel the order for you. After that, you will get a refund (and it's possible that you will receive a bunch of unwanted messages from that seller, complaining or threatening you; some of them do that, even thought the fault is theirs). Then you can search for someone more honest to get the work done.

• Like 7