What do you want for Christmas? What's on your wishlist?

williambryan392

Freelancing can be tough, and we all work hard I know, and sometimes we deserve to treat ourselves I think.

My second hand $100 chromebook has been a sturdy friend to me since I started on Fiverr.

However, it's slow, it's dirty, I swear it actually smells slightly (it did when I got it, don't judge me!) and I thought I deserved a treat so I took the plunge and bought a new Lenovo with a 40% black friday discount! It's a business expense too so thankfully also tax free!

I'm so excited for it to arrive!

Ok, I know it's not Christmas / holiday season yet, and Santa may judge me for getting my present early, but I don't care.

So, what do you want for Christmas? 

If you don't celebrate Christmas that's completely cool! But what's on your wish list? What is the one treat that would make your life, personally or professionally, better? (and please don't say getting a Fiverr order or reaching TRS/Pro status!). I want to hear about products or experiences!!

• Like 25
  • Congrats! 5

37 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

business expense

In Cyber Monday mood, I was admiring a cheap(ish) version of the zenbook dual that a local electronics store had on display, I always thought that 2-display setup could be really nifty for my purposes. Well, turned out that the display unit was the last one they had, and that version wasn't orderable online anymore either, I checked the online stores of the biggest electronics retailers here, and staff guy made me an offer for the display unit, including a 4-year special store warranty of the chain on top of the usual manufacturer's, so..., like you, I already got myself a nice Christmas gift. Totally for business purposes, of course, not because it's totally fun to play around with. It will serve different purposes, though, and definitely also increase my productivity as well as entertain me while working, so I think of it as a good investment, especially since my old laptop has begun showing clear symptoms of the "definitely don't forget to make backups, frequently" kind.

I'd have preferred the realization of specific travel plans, but that's out of the question at the moment. Maybe next Christmas. 

What I'm also looking forward to is visiting a friend and handing over her Christmas present in person this year, as last year, DHL somehow managed to never deliver it... 

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, miiila said:

zenbook dual

ok wow that looks very coo!

20 minutes ago, miiila said:

Totally for business purposes, of course, not because it's totally fun to play around with

oh ditto, of course, I'll only ever do pure work on mine....

I'm also thinking of maybe getting one of those dual monitor extenders but don't know much about them. Need to research!

• Like 14

So my big Christmas project is to get my family up here sometime next year (was impossible for Christmas but we're working on getting dates / etc. I'm paying for most of it so I guess that's my present for myself? 

I was going to get my hair done again before the holidays but decided to wait a bit (growing out more of my hair might make it not as pretty but a new colour will be way easier that way than it is with all the blue.. will still be hard for sure but not so bad.)

So I decided to splurge on a Nintendo switch, but was told to not buy anything until after Christmas so... (Not expecting that in particular as a gift but sales will hopefully be great after boxing day so!)

Something I needed to splurge on (and treat as a gift because altogether it cost me more than my laptop (gasp) was a BUNCH of proper winter clothes as I didn't have any and just froze last year (yes I wore my regular leggings outside. I'm not very smart.) I used to hate spending a lot on clothes but November was my first month I hit a new milestone anyway AND it's Christmas soon so... 

It's all good 😄

• Like 18

3 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

what do you want for Christmas?

I would like to see my favorite singer (a Taiwanese) live. As a diehard fan, I have seen her perform in concerts around the world (China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, London and various cities across the U.S... you get the idea).

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

A more realistic wish is to have a Chipotle meal with @vibronx. Extra guacamole, of course!

You're always welcome 🥰 A Chipotle Christmas meal would be heaven ☀️

To be honest, the only thing I really want is Christmas Cash!! 💸 And I wouldn't say no to a hoodie with a logo I recently got designed here on Fiverr.

A more realistic wish would be to have my Chipotle meal with @ahmwritingco as a candlelit dinner on a beach under the moon and stars. 🥰

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, melanielm said:

one where I can have more than two full-sized pages open at the same time for research

Can only recommend doing that asap, a real game-changer - and I mean getting work done faster (so you'll have more time for gaming ;))! In retrospect, I don't know what I was thinking, working without a big enough external monitor for years. I don't even want to know how much time it would have saved me.

• Like 14

Ouuu, such a good topic, now I can steal some cool ideas for myself because I simply dream of heaving a long bath after having a newborn 😂 

But nonetheless if someone been here long enough to remember, I’m still waiting on a penthouse. Though now I want a penthouse in Singapore, not in London. 🙈 

@ahmwritingco how’s our gofundme doing? 

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

So it's just me then that finds this app controlled Lego bulldozer the coolest thing on the planet?

At 44 years old this brings out my inner geek, and as a dad to two young girls this would be bliss locked in my office with a crate of beer, instead of playing with Barbie 🙂 

I can even drink and drive!

Untitled design - 2022-12-03T181435.681.png

Edited by breals
  • Like 16
  • Haha 2

This is gonna sound silly, but I'm with Andy here, the winning ticket to the Lotto.

I don't need/want 50 million dollars, that's too much. I don't even need 5 million. 
500K will be more than enough, that sounds like a very nice price, but not high enough to make me go crazy.
I don't have plans on going on a shopping spree, I'll be saving most of it anyway.

Hey Santa, don't look at me like that...I was only being honest. 
Besides, I'll be donating a handsome amount to cat and dog shelters for sure!

So if I had to pick something besides cash/or the winning lotto....
hmmmm....I don't need a car. I don't need a Gucchi bag, I don't need Jimmy Choo's heels ( I can't walk in those damn things anyway),
I don't need a new laptop because my current one works just fine.

You know what, it will be great if I can have a fancy cruise Christmas party with my Fiverr buddies.
We all dress up, eat, drink, talk, laugh, eat and drink some more. I know this will be quite hard because we all live around the globe,
but dang, won't that be fuuuuuuun. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

To those wishing for money, you're boring 🤣, but to be honest I also wish for that too!

To those wishing for health for themselves or their loved ones, I wish it for you as well! 'Health is wealth' as the saying goes.

To those wishing for family and friends to be close, well aren't you just the sweetest - I wanted more selfish answers! 🤣

On 12/3/2022 at 7:52 AM, vibronx said:

You're always welcome 🥰 A Chipotle Christmas meal would be heaven ☀️

We're going to have a curry on Christmas day this year. We decided to mix it up completely! Chipotle also sounds like a great idea!

On 12/3/2022 at 1:17 PM, breals said:

and as a dad to two young girls this would be bliss locked in my office with a crate of beer, instead of playing with Barbie 🙂 

I got my god daughter lego a couple of years back and she loves it. Her parents were always quite traditional in their gifts so I thought I'd mix it up. You obviously know your girls better than me @breals, but they may love it, TBH I've never heard of a child not loving lego! I also got a 'learn to code' app on my iPad when I stayed with them for a couple of weeks and she got really into that. Since then her dad got her a raspberry pi and she's been flying along!

Thought we were going to lose her with the first two vet visits and had to push to keep her alive

You're a good man! What's the cat's name!?

On 12/3/2022 at 7:39 AM, imagination7413 said:

On my wishlist is socks. But these are very nice, high end, thick sole, super soft, warm alpaca wool socks that are nine USD a pair! And I'd really like to have 3-4 pairs.

PM me. I'm serious. I want to buy you socks (not in a creepy way, no photos of you wearing said socks will be expected) but you do so much on the forum behind the scenes you're the real MVP here in my book. Everyday I wake up to the warnings and the posts being moved- it warms my heart so it's only reasonable your feet are warm too. I also may want to buy some for myself, please share the link? I'm boring and like buying socks for myself!

On 12/4/2022 at 3:45 AM, zeus777 said:

You know what, it will be great if I can have a fancy cruise Christmas party with my Fiverr buddies.

That would be an awesome experience. It would be cool to meet everyone in the flesh! We just have to agree to not only talk about Fiverr!! 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I agree, that would be loads of fun!

On 12/3/2022 at 8:03 AM, markp said:

Something not related to gifts. A couple of weeks ago my wife had a massive heart attack and all I want is her to get better.

That is so worrisome. My husband had what his doctor termed as the "widow maker" of a heart attack five years ago and is doing well today. My Christmas wish is that your wife has the same experience. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, imagination7413 said:

are very nice, high end, thick sole, super soft, warm alpaca wool socks

I just bought myself a pair like that. I only bought one to see if I would like them and I do! 

I want a new iPhone for Christmas because mine is over five years old, which I do not hold against it. However, the keyboard and screen could be more convenient for typing as I keep touching the wrong key and having to rewrite what I wrote. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

However, the keyboard and screen could be more convenient for typing as I keep touching the wrong key and having to rewrite what I wrote. 

I use voice-to-text software most of the time. I find it to be convenient, which is why I prefer it over typing on a keyboard.

I also would like a new phone just because of Astro Boy, although it is not an expensive purchase, I find it difficult to make a conscious purchase when my current phone is just four months old.

Redmi_x_Astro_Boy_Note_11T_Pro_Limited_Edition_Smartphone_4__64301.jpg

• Like 14