How long does it take on average to get the first order.

emon_arefin

Question

Hello Fiverr,

I am a new seller on fiverr and very curious to know that, how much time does it take usually to get the first buyer message or first order. 

Please enlighten me. 

Thanks for reading.

Emon Arefin

Edited by emon_arefin
  • Like 12
  • Up 1

I joined in 2014 and got multiple orders the same day. But that was around 9 years ago. 

These days.. it's very difficult to receive orders just because there are SO MANY people coming to Fiverr and randomly creating gigs. Not everyone is a professional, In fact most people creating gigs don't have a clue what they are doing. Yet Fiverr still tries to offer them the spotlight and they showcase these gigs in front of potential buyers. 

You need to create great gigs, make them stand out and surpass all the others with samples and back up all your claims. It's the hardest it's ever been to stand out on Fiverr, but many people do it and you can do it too.

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

There's no set average. It depends on what you offer, how good you are at what you do, whether there are buyers looking for the service(s) that you offer, how many sellers offer the same kind of service... and the last time I checked, there were almost 16,000 web design gigs on Fiverr. Which means that you'll need to come up with a way to get noticed among thousands of others offering the same thing.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fabianval said:

I signed up 6 days ago,

Do you mean you made your first gig six days ago? Your profile says you joined in May 2022.

It took me 45 days to get my first order. However, I joined in 2017, three years before the pandemic, when sellers joined Fiverr in masses, and there are now 2 to three times as many sellers here as there were then.

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The simple answer is “ there is no Avg time”
Order depends on many thing like your gig including description, sample, services, price and buyer request.
Make high quality gigs (as many as allowed)
Add the best portfolio
Title should be not too complicated
Use the most relevant tags
Select your price wisely
Use buyer request daily (use it for sending your offers to sellers not for your advertisement)
Use social media platform for your advertisement,
You can get order in few days 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Only Fiverr will probably know an accurate answer to this.

What you could do is add a poll to see how long it took people to get their first order/first message but it might be different for people who started a few years ago (when there was less competition) compared to those who started recently. Maybe it depends on different things like the subcategory of the gigs etc. Like has been suggested, sending offers to buyer requests (for things you could do well) will probably increase the chance of getting orders/messages, depending on the offers you send.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

my first order came after around 3 weeks after my first gig was made , and now after exactly one month of having 7 gigs , i have orders in 3 of them ( multiple orders for some ) and none yet for others , it"s mostly about chance sometimes and niches you are invested in  , some can be slower to provide orders for you than others 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, newsmike said:

Not 32/7?  That is what YouTube guru says.

Cognac

This is only possible with a very good experience of waiting - you should be professional! If you really wait a long time and are already an expert at it, then you can stay awake even 48 hours per day

• Like 2
  • Haha 4