Fiverr causes me anxity

adnansanri

Hello !
Today i am sharing my current experience with fiverr, have been selling from 2018 on this platform since i was 17 now i am about 22, we all know the algorithme of fiverr, sometimes up sometimes down, but on the last months i have been so overthinking about it, like what if this doesnot work, what if..... what if .....
Fiverr always has provide me with good amount of orders that i can save out some money from, now i bought a car from it income and i have started studing on a privite college, there are people counting on me, but whenever the algorithm of fiverr keeps me down i start feeling so anxited and overthinking, some would say to have Plan be or another source of income, yes i wish but that would need more time and would need some focus without geting anxited
Fiverr is good, but i am so anxited when my gigs are down, i can get it up on couple of weeks and keep working fine, but there is the bad feeling that has to do with my inner thoughts that i hate, now  i m 22 i know a girl and i want to mary her but i m not quit confidence on this, i 
Any one has experienced this ? please help
Thank you

• Like 8

I am sorry to hear about your anxiety about how things are going on Fiverr for you. I think every freelancer has these feelings, especially if they do not have money tucked away to pay living expenses for 3 to 6 months or a spouse to help pay the bills. 

I am retired and have a pension, but with the current economy, I have times when I worry too. When times are slower, typically, I tell myself it is the algorithm rotation and things will get better. Sometimes, I overhaul my gig descriptions to make them more appealing and fresh.

I noticed you said you had a warning, so that may be the issue you are dealing with now. I know if I cancel an order, I have had fewer inbox messages and orders for about two weeks.  

Good luck with whatever you choose to do with your future.  

• Like 13

Hello @vickiespencer thank you for your respond, i have a money that i earned to keep paying my living for more than 1 year so that is good, also i am studing on a privite college that having the same niche that i work on, that would help me devellop my skill, that good thing too, i also got 2 order just today from a reapeted buyer, and as you said, the algorithm now is against me, and i have been there many times, only the feeling of the anxiety ... and i see that many freelancer have it also we all know that some periods of freelancing would be good some would be bad, that what i have experienced, there were sometimes i thought that i would never get orders... but i got more than i imagine, is there is any tips would you suggest for me to have the internal bad thoughts as a freelancer that you may experienced  ?
Thank you

• Like 10

It took me more than 18 months to see the potential of earning a full-time income on Fiverr. I do agree that anxiety can set in when you're running low on orders, especially if the algorithm is working against you. If it does work, however, you wish that the orders could come in slower.

Part and parcel, Part and parcel.

• Like 8

The only comment that I have for the algorithm is that you should provide the best service possible.

Your customer care should be exceptional to avoid any negative reviews that can send you packing.

As for the anxiety, do you take care of your body and mind? Take up a sport, pump some weights, eat healthy and feed your mind quality material.

If you keep obsessing over your income, you will begin to stress more and more and in the end, you will start under performing as a professional.

My 2 cents.

And aloha from Hawaii.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 12

Hi @adnansanri

You aren't alone in your feelings of anxiety! Many sellers have the same feelings:

You have a great portfolio and I think it's awesome that you have done over 1,300 orders! Please take care of yourself so that you can handle the stress that comes your way. It's very common to see orders fluctuate and some months are a lot slower than others. Use that time to optimize your business so that it can run smoothly when you are busy.

• Like 11

Hi Adnansari, I am sorry to hear about your anxiety, but there is one thing you should understand, Fiverr gave you chance to make some extra money, as you said, but trough the years you forgot about that. Now you probably give more time and effort while working on this platform, which is good, you maybe see this now as you full time job. Try working as much as you can and be better version of yourself, but dont feel anxious if your gigs are not high ranked as always. You've been 5 years in this platform and you should know your gigs will get high ranked again after some time, just keep giving 100% of yourself and dont forget to relax when you have time for that.

All the best! 🙂

• Like 6

@bokiiii yes thank you so much, i see i start gathering myself today, i know that my gigs are going to rank again, i have been there many times all those 5years, there are months where i got few order and some alot, i say this to my self, all i got to do is provide good work for the next few days and it shall be back
Fiverr is my full time job, i got in a rythme with that, always work but the moment the work goes down, i start feeling anxieted, but this very last time, i start feeling anxieted so much even had panic sometimes, me and my own mind, fiverr changed my life to better, i m not in need of money, even i have founds to pay my bills for the next 1 year
But damn... my mind keeps focusing on the bad things... Why? i don t know this is the first time happening to me, maybe because i m afraid to fail and get back to 9-5 job that is the worst nightmare for me..

• Like 5
  • Up 1

48 minutes ago, adnansanri said:

But damn... my mind keeps focusing on the bad things... Why?

This is really an important time in your life. You've had great success on Fiverr and you want to keep growing your business. You also have people counting on you and with the prospects of possibly getting married and starting a family, that would be even more people counting on you. That's a lot of pressure and stress! 

The last time I had panic attacks, I didn't realize I was stressed. I was doing really well with my business and was happy (or thought I was). I didn't feel stressed. Yet I was having panic attacks several times a day which required me to step away from my orders. That scared me. I was under a lot of pressure to do well and I didn't want to fail. As a result, I was very anxious and wasn't taking care of my health.

I had to change my daily schedule so that I was getting enough sleep, eating better, and exercising. I turned off my Fiverr alerts because the noise caused a lot of my panic attacks. It was hard for me to see that I got messages while I was sleeping, but it didn't affect my 1-hour response rate. I also made an effort to infuse positivity into my day in little ways - enjoying that nice cup of tea when I wake up, spending quality time with my kids, or going on a peaceful stroll with my husband after dinner. If those bad thoughts came up, I would try to replace it with positive ones or face my fears by visualizing them actually happening. In most cases, the world didn't end, and my fears weren't as bad as I thought they were. Deep breathing also helped.

@adnansanri, please take care of yourself! I wish the best for you and your business.

• Like 9