Direct purchase without a prior discussion.

rezaulkarim583

Question

I have been providing Virtual Assistance services here on different niches to businesses. Being a broad niche have worked on variation of tasks. My question is, what if someone directly purchase my gig without any discussion about the task and it's volume. As we only have to wait for the requirements submission from buyers and the order starts. Many cases, I got an overload of tasks that don't match with my gig price. What can I do in those case while order cancellation is never a good decision. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 6

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, rezaulkarim583 said:

I have been providing Virtual Assistance services here on different niches to businesses. Being a broad niche have worked on variation of tasks. My question is, what if someone directly purchase my gig without any discussion about the task and it's volume. As we only have to wait for the requirements submission from buyers and the order starts. Many cases, I got an overload of tasks that don't match with my gig price. What can I do in those case while order cancellation is never a good decision. 

Thank you in advance. 

Buyers can  place an order even without discussion. Make the pricing and edit your gigs in such a manner where your buyers can place an order even without discussing about it. Cancellation will affect you in the long run. You can also tell the buyer the scope of the gig and how much they can get in the price range. 

• Like 4
  • Up 4

On 12/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, blazegoldburst said:

Buyers can  place an order even without discussion. Make the pricing and edit your gigs in such a manner where your buyers can place an order even without discussing about it. Cancellation will affect you in the long run. You can also tell the buyer the scope of the gig and how much they can get in the price range. 

Thanks for the great suggestions. That's where the questions came on. Recently one of my buyers placed an order prior and the filled up the requirement (Questions etc). Finally when he sent me the task list, there is a huge list to do within the gig budget he chose (eg. it's a 12 hrs gig). Found the task much more time consuming and also the type of task (eg- mine was a data entry VA gig but order was more like brainstorming, making review etc). What can I do in this case.

Once again, thank you for your kind response.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, rezaulkarim583 said:

Thanks for the great suggestions. That's where the questions came on. Recently one of my buyers placed an order prior and the filled up the requirement (Questions etc). Finally when he sent me the task list, there is a huge list to do within the gig budget he chose (eg. it's a 12 hrs gig). Found the task much more time consuming and also the type of task (eg- mine was a data entry VA gig but order was more like brainstorming, making review etc). What can I do in this case.

Once again, thank you for your kind response.

You should discuss with the buyer about the budget and the delivery extension if that is the case. Sometimes, the buyers expect more in a limited budget and we will always come into situations like that. They should know what the gig would offer them. If they are going beyond the scope of the gig, you would need to send them another custom offer. The consequences could also vary. The buyer might accept your offer or might choose to cancel.

If you can increase your prices, you will get clients who value your time. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, blazegoldburst said:

You should discuss with the buyer about the budget and the delivery extension if that is the case. Sometimes, the buyers expect more in a limited budget and we will always come into situations like that. They should know what the gig would offer them. If they are going beyond the scope of the gig, you would need to send them another custom offer. The consequences could also vary. The buyer might accept your offer or might choose to cancel.

If you can increase your prices, you will get clients who value your time. 

So, the case will result in a cancellation we see, if buyer disagree to extension offer. And affect on our performance rate subsequently. Any help from resolution center can I ask for such case? May be they can check out the whole from starting and delivery and can consider the case? Or something like that?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rezaulkarim583 said:

So, the case will result in a cancellation we see, if buyer disagree to extension offer. And affect on our performance rate subsequently. Any help from resolution center can I ask for such case? May be they can check out the whole from starting and delivery and can consider the case? Or something like that?

Let the customer know what can be done within twelve hours, and if they agree to a compromise, deliver on time. If they think more work needs to be done, it will be your decision whether or not to cancel the order.

• Like 5