ARS please just go away

arty182925

I made new gig not so long ago for formatting books. I was doing that before too but on “word” gig, and I decided to make seperate gig for that.

Few days ago someone ordered. It was french book, but I didnt mind, because I dont read people books anyway. At least not every word. So I needed to formatt that it looks proffesional and stuff. And I did. But I wasnt sure if I add all titles corectly to table of contents of the book.

And I delivered order and said to buyer, please have a look and let me know if I did it right. If you need to change something just write it down and I will be happy to fix all you need, or add something if you need.

And 2 days passed without any word, and today, I got “positive” review of 3.5 stars. Saying that I cant do books on other language. I asked person why I didnt got chance to fix if you needed something, instead like this. And of course I didnt got reply. At least not yet, but probably I will not get any reply at all.

So yeah bottom line. That gig is uselles now. Who will order a gig with 3.5 stars now.

Second, now I have 99% of positive reviews. So yeah. 3.5 stars “POSITIVE” reviews arent positive at all.

Now I will say how fiverr is doing.

“Thank you” fiverr for making this “amazing” ARS, I really “like it”…

I absolutely agree…not only did I get a message after delivery - “Great Job” they rated me “satisfactory” and tanked my score. This is ridiculous. They say it’s supposed to help our ratings, but all it’s doing is hurting those of us who deliver way ahead of deadline by providing means to the client to be overcritical for work that in the end is worth more than $5.00

I have my gigs paused until they get rid of this stupid rating system.

Here is what I do, it may not work all of the time but until fiverr does something with the current system. I send my order and state, “Please review the order and let me know if you need any changes. I am more than happy to do so. If you are happy with my order, a 5 star rating is appreciated and helps me become a better fiverr seller.” Not everyone will take the time to rate you but so far 100% of everyone I have asked gave me 5 stars. If they do not respond in 24 hours, i send them a message and repeat it. Sometimes they do not get the notification the order is completed by fiverr.

@sassygirl23 That’s a nice suggestion. When I first started on Fiverr, I used to add something similar to my delivery message, about letting me know if there’s any reason why buyer wouldn’t give a thumb’s up so I can fix any issues. But I found it didn’t make any difference in the percent of buyers who left a review and stopped using the message. Now with the ARS, I initially saw a huge drop-off in buyers leaving reviews, and was going to start adding that message, again. (I’ve started getting reviews again, so I’m holding off for now).

The wording of your message is nice, professional and to the point without sounding like begging. IMO, the ARS is difficult and cumbersome, but it appears to be here to stay, at least for now, so we’re going to need to work with it, somehow.

Reply to @sassygirl23: I am writing similar on every order. On this order I wrote that and I didnt get reply 2 days. After that, that person just gave me 3.5 stars. I didnt have a chance to fix anything. Actually I didnt have a chance that I know if I did something wrong.

I just love “buyers” like this. I sent message after that to that person, and asking what is wrong and that I will fix it. And of course I didnt get reply.

• 2 weeks later...

SMALL COMPANIES RISE AND THEN DESCEND BADLY DUE TO THEIR DOWNSIDES. FOLLOWING ARE SOME DOWNSIDES THAT FIVERR DOES NOT WANT TO UPROOT:

When Fiverr customer support is contacted, they respond so lately that orders crosses the deadline and sellers have to face negative reviews. Some buyers blackmail by declining the order cancellation request repeatedly.

Scam came across. Buyers are free to give stars to sellers, and suppose sellers give 1 star to them, and then the unscrupulous buyers are free to change the rating they provided to the sellers.

As it stands now, I’m taking a hit on my overall rating because I got a questionable review over 18 months ago. 5r needs to dump the current system and adopt something like ebay has in place. Show the current feedback in 30, 90 & 120 intervals. Sure if I got a bad rating 2 years ago that’s fine reflect that but show the prospective client that I’ve corrected my problems and now demonstrate a consistent track record of quality work. Also dump the “would you order again?” that’s just plain stupid. - See more at: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/37531/kill-the-ars-system-this-way-no-one-can-stop-you#Item_5

Reply to @calocedrus: Hi m8. Thanks.

Biggest problem now is that buyers think 4 or 3.5 stars are good too. They dont understand what they are doing to sellers when they are rate like that. Just had a buyer who gave me 4.5 stars because he rate “buy again” 4.5 stars, even rest are 5. Its not big deal now, but if few of them make like that, overall will drop of course.

I was 100% on overall before ARS. After ARS came I got one 3.5stars (even it is saying positive) and one 4 stars and overall dropped down to 99%.

Why we cant rate support on fiverr with stars. If they have low rating they cant work anymore lol

I am new here and haven’t had any orders, yet. However, on the surface, it seems like a good system. The star system is recognized world wide. People see it a lot in the hotel and restaurant industry. 5 stars are usually reserved for the best of the best in those categories. I’m sure Fiverr buyers will look at it that way too. Surely, not every seller on Fiverr can be “the best” at what they do. That’s theoretically impossible considering you have multiple sellers in each category. Is the system going to eventually sort out who is really good and who is just average ? Sure. But, that’s the whole point. What it is going to boil down too is the 5 star sellers will be able to generate more high dollar sales with extras and the average sellers will get the buyers looking to save a few bucks with ordering regular gigs. I’d be willing to be in today’s economy, the bulk of sales will be going to the average cheaper sellers. Just my thoughts.

Archived