how do they do that

kosalarathnayek

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, kosalarathnayek said:

but how do they do it even if new sellers cant get their gig ranked on the first page?  

Who said so?

New sellers can absolutely be in the front (though search results change based on the person who's searching and other factors as far as I know.) I've seen several new accounts on the first page before and (albeit years ago)got my first order the first week or so when I signed up. 

It's definitely harder to sell yourself as a new seller now but not impossible by any means!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kosalarathnayek said:

new sellers cant get their gig ranked on the first page?  

Fiverr gives a temporary boost to new sellers so that they get exposure on the marketplace. As @katakatica says, it's very possible to be on first page even with no reviews and no orders on your record. However, once you've had that boost, it's up to you to work hard to keep yourself relevant and visible in search so that buyers can find you and order from you.

You mention that you have 10 years of experience as a graphic designer. Do you have any past or present clients that might need the services that you provide on Fiverr?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

10 years of experience

I have worked in an offset print shop and I trained as a graphic designer I have learned a lot of things. but have not worked for foreign clients one of my friends told me about Fiverr and I started to make gigs in 2020. yes, actually I don't have 10 years of experience I have only 4 years of working experience. and I added a gig and my first order came in after six months of waiting, unfortunately, the buyer gave me a 3.7 review and i was stuck with that review for about 2 years but I didn't give up. ok sorry for the long story should I change that in my descriptions 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kosalarathnayek said:

I have worked in an offset print shop and I trained as a graphic designer I have learned a lot of things. but have not worked for foreign clients one of my friends told me about Fiverr and I started to make gigs in 2020. yes, actually I don't have 10 years of experience I have only 4 years of working experience. and I added a gig and my first order came in after six months of waiting, unfortunately, the buyer gave me a 3.7 review and i was stuck with that review for about 2 years but I didn't give up. ok sorry for the long story should I change that in my descriptions 

Yes, you should probably reflect your actual experience in your profile.

As for the rocky start that you had, it looks like you are pulling your stats back up. As you get more orders, you can bring your average up to 5-stars. it might take a while, but it can be done, as long as you're willing to put in the effort.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kosalarathnayek said:

I just saw a couple of Fiverr seller's accounts that were made this month and they have orders and good reviews

Many buyers search specifically for "new sellers" on Fiverr, as they are after low fees. It is entirely possible to succeed on this site, but you should know that it is a bit of a luck game.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1