Slowing Traffic after huge start!

ferguscreative

I started about 2 months ago and I was able to get my gig featured and up and coming sellers (can't remember the name of the post but something like that) I will hit level 1 this upcoming evaluation but I am concerned. I went from having 3 orders a week to having the only orders coming from a regular customer. Should I create another gig in hopes of expanding my services and reaching bigger audiences?

• Like 11

Hi @ferguscreative, Welcome to the forum!

18 hours ago, ferguscreative said:

I was able to get my gig featured and up and coming sellers

You got the 'Rising Talent' badge? That's awesome! That's probably why you were getting 3 orders a week because Fiverr was giving your gig a temporary boost with that badge. Now you are on your own. It's very natural for orders to ebb and flow, but one of the best things to do is to take care of your repeat buyers, because they will take care of you when things slow down.

In the beginning, I really listened to my buyers and quickly set up 6 more gigs that were based on what they were asking me to offer. Because of that, I was able to average 5-6 orders per new customer that I got. That might work for you, too1 Listen to what your buyers are asking for and set up gigs tailored for them.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:30 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @ferguscreative, Welcome to the forum!

You got the 'Rising Talent' badge? That's awesome! That's probably why you were getting 3 orders a week because Fiverr was giving your gig a temporary boost with that badge. Now you are on your own. It's very natural for orders to ebb and flow, but one of the best things to do is to take care of your repeat buyers, because they will take care of you when things slow down.

In the beginning, I really listened to my buyers and quickly set up 6 more gigs that were based on what they were asking me to offer. Because of that, I was able to average 5-6 orders per new customer that I got. That might work for you, too1 Listen to what your buyers are asking for and set up gigs tailored for them.

Thank you so much for the advice! I apologize for such the late response. Yes I am being "bankrolled" by a single customer so I may ask them what else they are looking for regularly. 

• Like 2