A user offers a misleading service and harm my website. What i do?

mafit0

Hi everyone,

I ordered a Spanish backlink service on Fiverr and the seller sent me backlinks in English.

I asked him to send me links in Spanish and not in English, as his service says, but after a review he sent me links again in English.

I canceled the order and got my money back, but the English links (which I didn't order) still point to my website.

I have asked him by private message to delete them and he tells me he will remove them, but doesn't after days. What should I do?

Thanks

Edited by mafit0
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Hi!

Regretably, if you cancelled the order and got a refund I doubt the seller will be in the mood to remove those backlinks. I'm not justifying it in any case as I understand that if you specifically asked for backlinks in spanish and thats what the seller agreed to do thats what should have been delivered.

However, if you couldn't get to an understanding with the seller while working on the order, theres no way that Fiverr can force him to revert those links. I don't know much about how backlinks work but I suppose that you will have to hire someone to remove them and then set the correct ones?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shalock said:

Hi!

Regretably, if you cancelled the order and got a refund I doubt the seller will be in the mood to remove those backlinks. I'm not justifying it in any case as I understand that if you specifically asked for backlinks in spanish and thats what the seller agreed to do thats what should have been delivered.

However, if you couldn't get to an understanding with the seller while working on the order, theres no way that Fiverr can force him to revert those links. I don't know much about how backlinks work but I suppose that you will have to hire someone to remove them and then set the correct ones?

Hi, thanks for your answer.

In that case, if Fiverr can't guarantee good service from sellers and if Fiverr can't force sellers to reverse the damages caused by their poor service, I should probably stop using Fiverr from now on :(

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mafit0 said:

damages caused by their poor service

Well, the only thing Fiverr can do is make this gig less relevant depending buyers public and private reviews, and if they consider that the gig breaks any point of the ToS they may remove the gig or ban the account.

I get your point and your frustration, but also have to see from the sellers point of view. If after delivering an order (lets assume all wen well and what was delivered was what both buyer and seller agreed) the buyer suddenly claims some kind of damage done by the delivery to his product or website, Fiverr doesn't have the time nor the resources to open an investigation of outside products to determine if this is correct and can't force the seller to do something, also it could be a lie to try to force the seller to do free work (crazier things than that have been seen on this forum).

I understand that this kind of products, like positioning and SEO take time to see the results, but I'm sure that the marketplace has a lot of highly qualified proffesionals with a serious reputation that can help you with that.

Edited by shalock
  • Like 6