Interesting client I encountered with. Greeted me with bullies.

developerzubair

Recently I got a message from a buyer asking for a website that had 3 static pages (without describing the content briefly) and he also sent me a reference site so I proposed him an estimated price but he said to make it less so I told him I can do less $X if I know the content well of the website. After one week of disappearances, he appears with the content that are not as static as I thought It even had a language switcher. Which requires a lot of time. 
Because his site was related to Cann**ies, I wanted to ask Fiverr CS if this is legit and is not against the fiverr TOS. So I sent him a message which follows "Okay sounds good then. I will ask the Fiverr CS about this but before I do I want to you let you know that this website you are describing cannot be done in $X. Before I made that offer, I thought it's going to be a static 3 pages website but it's not. So are you okay with increasing the price? If yes, I will get in touch with Fiverr CS to ask if this is legit" 

And then he freaks out that I don't agree with the price. And the rest are shown in the picture below.

I think fiverr should have a chat detection just like "email", "pay", "@" etc for words like this. 

image.png.e8f86d08855cb5fa8bcaa8f75915b83a.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, developerzubair said:

And then he freaks out that I don't agree with the price. And the rest are shown in the picture below.

That's the thing, you sent an offer and he thought that it would cost him way less. Anyway it was terrible to behave like that from their part.

But what you can learn from this is to never send an offer unless you 100% know what the customer wants, just to avoid any issues.

• Like 13

Block that arse! I have had my share too of strange/bad buyers , but if they cursed me like that, that would end quickly.  It won't affect your times as long as you answer before blocking.   And you did, so don't waste anymore of your time.  I haven't had a decent buyer yet either since I have been here, few months now. But chin up! We will!  Don't worry,  and Great job telling him you need to stay on Fiverr! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, developerzubair said:

I proposed him an estimated price but he said to make it less

Generally speaking, as soon as a potential buyer demands a lower price, it's time to tell them that you're sorry, but you can't help them. And then to avoid working with them.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

That's terrible, @developerzubair! The buyer has no right to talk to you that way! 😟 You did a great job keeping it professional when the buyer didn't.

I hope you reported and blocked that buyer. It's a good thing that the buyer didn't place an order with you!

Thank you. I did reported him and then blocked. But still I hope someone from fiverr see this post and add a feature that detext these abuses.

• Like 5

On 11/26/2022 at 6:47 AM, donnovan86 said:

That's the thing, you sent an offer and he thought that it would cost him way less. Anyway it was terrible to behave like that from their part.

But what you can learn from this is to never send an offer unless you 100% know what the customer wants, just to avoid any issues.

You are correct. I didn't make him the offer, I just sent him an estimated average price. 
Thank you for your response.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, elleo1 said:

Block that arse! I have had my share too of strange/bad buyers , but if they cursed me like that, that would end quickly.  It won't affect your times as long as you answer before blocking.   And you did, so don't waste anymore of your time.  I haven't had a decent buyer yet either since I have been here, few months now. But chin up! We will!  Don't worry,  and Great job telling him you need to stay on Fiverr! 

Thank you!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Generally speaking, as soon as a potential buyer demands a lower price, it's time to tell them that you're sorry, but you can't help them. And then to avoid working with them.

You are correct in a way, but sometimes I negotiate with the buyer so that I can make them returning client. Thank you for your response.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, developerzubair said:

But still I hope someone from fiverr see this post

Fiverr staff rarely reads the forum, except, I suppose, the topics that they start themselves. If you want them to know your thoughts on the matter, it's best to write to Customer Support.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, developerzubair said:

Recently I got a message from a buyer asking for a website that had 3 static pages (without describing the content briefly) and he also sent me a reference site so I proposed him an estimated price but he said to make it less so I told him I can do less $X if I know the content well of the website. After one week of disappearances, he appears with the content that are not as static as I thought It even had a language switcher. Which requires a lot of time. 
Because his site was related to Cann**ies, I wanted to ask Fiverr CS if this is legit and is not against the fiverr TOS. So I sent him a message which follows "Okay sounds good then. I will ask the Fiverr CS about this but before I do I want to you let you know that this website you are describing cannot be done in $X. Before I made that offer, I thought it's going to be a static 3 pages website but it's not. So are you okay with increasing the price? If yes, I will get in touch with Fiverr CS to ask if this is legit" 

I think fiverr should have a chat detection just like "email", "pay", "@" etc for words like this. 

image.png.e8f86d08855cb5fa8bcaa8f75915b83a.png

What an awful manner to talk to someone. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, developerzubair said:

Thank you. I did reported him and then blocked. But still I hope someone from fiverr see this post and add a feature that detext these abuses.

Unfortunately, no one from Fiverr will read your post in "Casual Conversations." You might just want to submit a ticket on this issue here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/account-and-security/report-bug

• Like 5
  • Up 1