Revisions - is there much point even having them?

From a selling point of view, revision requests can be frustrating - but, of course, necessary. 

My issue is that, I clearly state that all of my Gigs have "1 revision" as standard. The reason being, my product takes a long time to create and a long time to export & upload - making even the smallest changes adds a massive amount of time, often making some of my orders cost-ineffective. 

The problem is - buyers can request revisions as many times as they like. What I mean is, a buyer can click 'request revisions', then receive revised work, and then click 'request revisions' again! They can continue to do this an infinite amount of times - creating a loophole which effectively leaves the seller at hostage for their work. It's almost completely pointless setting the amount of revisions you allow for your Gig.

I've been told that the reason for this is that Fiverr effectively can't force the buyer to accept the work and effectively take their money for the product - but there has to be some workaround, sellers need to be protected from being held hostage for their work. 

What do you think, have you experienced this (as a buyer or seller)?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, khalifacyrusuk said:

but there has to be some workaround, sellers need to be protected from being held hostage for their work. 

Even if there are refunds, seller can be reimbursed by Fiverr for their work. But it depends on the situation and subject to Fiverr's own approval. I was reimbursed a few times after scammers did a PayPal refund or one person asked a refund after SIX months..Yeah, they asked for a refund half a year after I delivered...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2