Buying commercial rights

Is it compulsory to buy commercial rights, as some sellers are forcing me to buy commercial rights, by paying extra,

I have clients in various category and for them, I buy voiceover service from fiverr. Their use would be in Youtube videos, audiobook narration, plays, etc....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ajant852336 said:

Is it compulsory to buy commercial rights, as some sellers are forcing me to buy commercial rights, by paying extra,

It is. First of all if you are buying for your clients then you use seller’s work for commercial profit and then your clients will use it for commercial profit from YouTube, audiobooks etc. 

So yes, you do need to buy commercial rights. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Industry standard information on procurement of voice over works: 

If you intend to use the delivered work for anything business-related, even if it's just for internal use, then yes you are required to purchase the rights to do so. This includes Youtube videos, audiobook narration, plays, or anything for a dot com website or similar. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 8:13 PM, ajant852336 said:

What happens if I don't buy commercial rights?

What happens when you steal or break the law? The Rights Holder could seek legal action against you for using their work without the Rights to do so in that manner. Think about music and how many legal issues arise from the misuse and illegal procurement of songs and works from artists and the entities who own the Rights to said items. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have clients in various category and for them, I buy voiceover service from fiverr. Their use would be in Youtube videos, audiobook narration, plays, etc....

Of course you must buy commercial rights.