Unsatisfied with a $200 delivered web app but I still want to keep working with the seller

ell23800

Question

It was clear that this seller is not as sufficient in his gig despite his experience listed. He's clearly not a good coder who delivers low quality and incomplete order. For e.g., no developers would put a CSS library in a html (like, the whole 30000 lines of code). He said some features are difficult and hard to do, which sounds like I have to omit the requirements (which I did). We want someone who is sure that they can do the work within the timely manner. If they don't, why don't the seller simply decline?

I had to ask for two revisions sometimes it even miss some file that asked for), and still none of the deliveries meet the complete requests. I'm completely disappointed.

I don't want to waste more time, but also don't want to put his work in vain. So I asked if he can complete the requirement and I'm open to raise the budget (honestly, I don't want to negotiate after accepting the order because it feels ridiculous I have to pay to get him complete the original job, which he should have completed, if he didn't agree, he should have communicate earlier).

Right now I'm asking him to complete my original order with additional budget. Is there a way to change the budget of an existing order and add milestone to it? Should I cancel this order and create a new one that pay per milestone. I didn't know of paying by milestone when creating this order.

I think searching for devs on Fiverr is not the best option. It's a hit or miss and apparently it's a miss for me. I want to move on with another person since I can't afford to waste more time but don't want to be a jerk. Is there a way to pay him partially? Should I keep working with him? Even if I get the project done, I will still give a not so good review.

• Like 8

3 answers to this question

On 11/23/2022 at 4:39 AM, ell23800 said:

I don't want to waste more time, but also don't want to put his work in vain. So I asked if he can complete the requirement and I'm open to raise the budget

WHY?

On 11/23/2022 at 4:39 AM, ell23800 said:

He's clearly not a good coder who delivers low quality and incomplete order. For e.g., no developers would put a CSS library in a html (like, the whole 30000 lines of code). He said some features are difficult and hard to do, which sounds like I have to omit the requirements (which I did). We want someone who is sure that they can do the work within the timely manner.

If you are not satisfied with the results of your order because the work is genuinely bad, cancel it and ask for a full refund. If the quality of your work is unsatisfactory, be a jerk and cancel it. If you want to be nice, contact the seller and arrange for another order with an amount you are willing to "tip" for his efforts.

Working with someone who does not have the necessary skills or expertise will lead to a waste of time. Why continue wasting your time?

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ell23800 said:

Is there a way to pay him partially?

The only way to pay him partially (unless customer support could do something about that) is to cancel the current order and create a new one for the lower amount.

1 hour ago, ell23800 said:

is there a way to change the budget of an existing order and add milestone to it?

I don't know if you can add milestones but you can add an extra to an order - if one is shown or you could ask the seller to offer a custom extra to it that you then could accept). So that would increase the total order price.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1