Gigs and Algoritm

ozan_erdi

Hey comrades. Got a quick Question for you.

We know algoritm alters itself depending on how good and responsable you are. Now lets imagine this little story;

I have got 2 gigs. Gig A and gig B

I have done good business with Gig A. Buyer gives me good private review etc. Does the Gig B gets affected by this directly?

Can gig B be pushed to the frontlines by doing business with gig A? 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

35 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

Hey comrades. Got a quick Question for you.

We know algoritm alters itself depending on how good and responsable you are. Now lets imagine this little story;

I have got 2 gigs. Gig A and gig B

I have done good business with Gig A. Buyer gives me good private review etc. Does the Gig B gets affected by this directly?

Good question. As a new seller without getting any orders, my curious mind also wants to know the answer.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

Attempts to determine how the algorithm works have been made by many people, including myself; however, I believe that we will not be able to arrive at a definitive answer unless Fiverr actually disclose them.

There is only one seller who I know of who has built two and more successful gigs in the same category and service type. He is fairly established.

I have made a concerted effort to develop two "main" gigs, and it seems that my efforts are bearing fruit. I note, however, that when one of those gigs is growing, the other tends to slow down. (Main gig = popular ones that is getting orders)

My hypothesis is that Fiverr's automated system is designed to give each seller a certain amount of attention. The "allocation" will be distributed to your gig that have demonstrated readiness (completion of a skill test, inclusion of relevant tags, completion of the profile and whether you utilize as many given functions as possible such as having an FAQ section and subscription enabled). 

And if you have two such gigs, the "attention" will not be focused enough to get you optimal algorithmic push.

• Like 8

Well some of my gigs are arguably the same. They are not same but nobody would mind if they were. 

One of them is character design, other one is story drawings with said characters. Only real difference is those two are in different subcategories. And my character design gig is my oldest best selling gig, which is also promoted. Other one is 1 week old. I wonder if i can draw more attention to my second gig while doing jobs with the first one. Or the opposite. 

Most of my work is custom offers, so i can just use my secondary gig while creating an offer for my clients. They wouldnt mind which part of the interface i picked. But question still stands, this time my secondary gig would be carryng the first one.

24 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

And if you have two such gigs, the "attention" will not be focused enough to get you optimal algorithmic push.

If thats the case, im not sure why everyone is promoting to have more gigs. Even fiverr does that. To be honest, im happy with my 1 gig. Other ones are just there for tags and subcategories. Which is not the best use. But one has +200 plus orders completed, other one has 3. So small gigs are just for suppport. Of course that may not be the case for everybody, but that would give single giged accounts an extra edge, woudnt it?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ozan_erdi said:

But one has +200 plus orders completed, other one has 3. So small gigs are just for suppport.

You have very interesting service offerings that fit a niche. That is a good thing! I recommend rewriting your gig description to take advantage of the 1,200 characters that are made available for you (you used 644 characters for your main gig with 156 reviews).

Many people do not realize that the search engine algorithms "crawl" through content. If you have more words in your gig that are not filled with empty filler words, or do not contain keyword stuffing, you will have an advantage over those who do.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

You have very interesting service offerings that fit a niche. That is a good thing! I recommend rewriting your gig description to take advantage of the 1,200 characters that are made available for you (you used 644 characters for your main gig with 156 reviews).

Many people do not realize that the search engine algorithms "crawl" through content. If you have more words in your gig that are not filled with empty filler words, or do not contain keyword stuffing, you will have an advantage over those who do.

Thanks. You might be right, but to be honest if i was going to hire an artist, i would like to see some art instead of words. Art is there, take a look at them and see if you like it. Why would you also need me to tell you that im good. I guess we can get creative with explanations too and seem more appealing. And of course, fight the algoritms.

However, the question still stands.

Does algoritm pushes my gigs back and forth individually or in unison?

This can get tricky. If i am a good seller, im a good seller right? So all my gigs can be advertised as such because im a professional and hold on to my words and put my best out there. On the other hand, i can be good at one of my gigs, and suck at the other one craftsmanship vise. In those situations, being pushed to front as a seller or as a gig can be fair and unfair. 

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

I'd think they would be pushed individually (especially if they were in very different categories) since it wouldn't be fair to promote gig x if it was unrelated to gig y if it was just gig y that kept getting orders.

But your overall stats may be taken into account (level, response time, on time delivery %, completion rate etc.).

2 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Isn't that suggesting that having just 1 gig is best? But on average people with multiple gigs get more reviews. eg. you probably won't see a seller with >12.6K reviews with just 1 active gig but you can see sellers with over 50,000 reviews that have multiple active gigs.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I'd think they would be pushed individually (especially if they were in very different categories) since it wouldn't be fair to promote gig x if it was unrelated to gig y if it was just gig y that kept getting orders.

But your overall stats may be taken into account (level, response time, on time delivery %, completion rate etc.).

Isn't that suggesting that having just 1 gig is best? But on average people with multiple gigs get more reviews. eg. you probably won't see a seller with >12.6K reviews with just 1 active gig but you can see sellers with over 50,000 reviews that have multiple active gigs.

Agree everything you said.

But if they are pushed individually, there is really no point for me to use the other gigs since i have a strong foundation on my main gig. (consider that my services are very similar to each other)

If someone sees my main gig, they are going to presume i can do the other jobs my other gigs present. Which is true. I have been doing the other jobs with my main gig for more than 2 years. Im just oppening new gigs and doing these nonsensical performs just to overcome the algoritm. I know what i can do, my clients know what i can do. I am just tryng to impress the algoritm here. Which feels wrong. Maybe i am old-school.

Anyway, we are going offtrack here. I assume we dont know for sure.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ozan_erdi said:

If someone sees my main gig, they are going to presume i can do the other jobs my other gigs present. Which is true. I have been doing the other jobs with my main gig for more than 2 years. Im just oppening new gigs and doing these nonsensical performs just to overcome the algoritm.

In my experience, my second "main" gig took off after I created over 10+ gigs. I have created an "effective" funnel that works for me but I think it's different for everyone. It's applicable to my case, though.

I waited until I had a good track record of completing orders before I create the funnel tho.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Up 2