Got 10 Spam Messages Just Opened The Gig One Day Ago😢

mamun_b2b

I've received 10 spam messages. I opened the gig just one day ago. Still I'm receiving the spam messages. I didn't get any messages from the buying intention clients. 

The spammer texted me to join their team outside Fiverr.

Should I reply to their messages to keep the inbox response rate healthy?

• Like 18

19 hours ago, mamun_b2b said:

I've received 10 spam messages. I opened the gig just one day ago. Still I'm receiving the spam messages. I didn't get any messages from the buying intention clients. 

I got 20+, so it doesn't a great matter. It will not make any affect at your gig.

• Like 12

Everybody receive spam massage after publishing their first gig. If you reply them outside fiverr it'll be a long conversation. Recently one of my friend got this type massage and they wrote absolutely nonsense. Even he try to get the job outside marketplace but no luck. sometime they give you proper job but not payment, that's why it is risky to communicate outside marketplace specially for new seller.

let me share a interesting story.

One of my another friend got a spam massage and he communicate with buyer outside market place. They share job details and it was a 300 dollars project. As new seller it's a huge success so he agree to do it. When he has done 10% of job and give them sample they satisfied and instruct him to complete the project. My friend asked for payment method because he wanted to ensure about it. Then they told him to send 30 dollar for some bank charge or something tax. He told them if they are going to pay him 300 dollars for this project, then they can deduct the money from his payment. Not surprisingly they stopped replying him after that. God grace he asked it before sending the bank statements. IMAGINE the consequences if he send his payment info.

so it's not safe for new seller to seek job outside the marketplace unless they are sure about the client. rest is your wisdom.

• Like 9

On 11/22/2022 at 2:41 AM, mamun_b2b said:

Thanks for sharing and relevant discussion for understanding...

• Like 5