Do you also get annoyed by buyers who wish to get the job done for $5?

gauravsingh582

21 hours ago, gauravsingh582 said:

Unfortunately, there are numerous sellers that offer services for as little as $5. As a result, have also started offering services at a competitive price. It's incredibly discouraging for me, and I haven't received an order in over a month.

Hi @gauravsingh582, price isn't the only the thing that buyers are looking at. Many buyers will pay premium price for premium service, but you have to look the part. Decide which buyers you want to target and cater your gigs to them. If you want to offer premium services, look for ways to make your gig attractive to those buyers so that you can charge what you are worth.

• Like 15
  • Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

You must accept the fact that you are competing with many other sellers who are more established than you. If your account does not look polished, the general perception is that you are not worth the money. Sellers should have an awareness of the level of services they can offer, their ability to provide services to non-English speakers, and whether they have made an effort to prepare their gig.

image.png.426a31f1b4edc6bef98fe0a7e9526134.png

The thread starter has not fully utilized the 1,200 characters made available to him in the gig description section and he has ended that writing service gig saying "begin your writing journey with me". :classic_ninja:

I don't see how you can say that your business is ready to tier up and/or that you have put in an effort building a storefront for your business.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

According to my experience, proving that you are a "Pro" is a requirement for success, whether it be on Fiverr or elsewhere.
Whatever your field, you must demonstrate your professionalism.
"How to showcase as a pro?" is something you can google, but referring to the price subject... I mean, seriously, what pro works for 5$ ?!!
No Fear...
Put a high price that you believe your work worth.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

My philosophy as a buyer is to hire the best seller possible for the job - no matter if they cost $5 or $100+. And many fantastic sellers do sell their services at $5. I’ve found a few that deliver at the same level or even better than Fiverr Pro sellers.

Sometimes they can sell at this price because they live in a country where $5 goes a long way or because they’re students who does Fiverr as a hobby.

I started out selling at $5. $5 does not necessarily mean that something is horrible or that they’re cheating or scamming somehow.

It is rare that you find the gems, though, and usually you do end up getting what you pay for. But there are many buyers who are looking for premium services. Not everyone is looking for a $5 service.

These buyers will find you if you position yourself correctly in the marketplace. I could give you a lecture on this but it would run very long, so I suggest you read some marketing books instead.

And, no, marketing is not equal to promotion on social media. When I say marketing I am talking about something much broader. About how you present your gig to the world.

I’ll add that I think it’s a good idea to try spending some time as a buyer on Fiverr. Note which gigs you end up choosing and why.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 6
  • Up 6

If it's something I'm fine doing for $5, no, that's great, I love short jobs that are done quickly.

If they are asking for something for far below the price that they should easily be able to see or guess from my Gigs, then, yes, that's annoying, as it's often just a waste of time for both sides. 

• Like 9