Do promoted gigs charge and/or consider spam messages when calculating your profits?

ashleymahan217

Question

I just started using the Promotional Gigs feature from Fiverr...and I'm truly sorry if this question has already been answered but I can't find anything about it when I searched. If this question has been answered, perhaps I need to work on my "searching" skills...

Anyways, I get a lot of spam messages on a daily basis (much like everyone else). I'm in the process of learning how the promotional gigs are figured and can't help but wonder whether or not Spam messages will be considered in those figures. Will Fiverr consider it a "click" or "missed opportunity" when I receive spam messages instead of work offers? What if I don't report each spam message and simply block them (as this became my practice a while ago - there's too much spam to frequently report)? Will I have to pay for advertising when I receive the same old spam? 

Thank you for your time spent reviewing my questions!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

12 answers to this question

Hi @ashleymahan217, I always though a  click was a click, so anyone who clicks on one of your promoted gig (even a spammer) would be counted as a click. Fiverr doesn't know the difference between a spam inquiry and a regular inquiry unless it's marked as spam. Correct me if I'm wrong. It looks like you get quite a bit of spam, so turn on your Promoted Gigs and see what happens when a spammer clicks on the ad. I'd be curious to see if anything happens if you mark the messages as spam (or if Fiverr's automated system moves it to the spam box)!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

@vickieitoThank you for your reply as it appears that no one knows the answer to this question. I've officially had my promoted gigs on for a week, and yes; I get a ridiculous amount of spam on a daily basis. About 80% of my spam is other freelancers begging for work or help on Fiverr. The remaining 20% is the usual, "reach out to me on Telegram or WhatsApp" spam. With that said, I started actually reporting all spam instead of simply blocking it, and I THINK that has kept Fiverr from considering the spam. I can't be certain because I'm still figuring out the configuration process for the promoted gigs (despite your wonderfully detailed post that explained the process to us. I'm a little slow on the uptake lol). 

Anyways, I've only had one order since my promoted gigs. After about a week, this is where my gig stands:

image.thumb.png.3651c99c7cc499d1136386025856543e.png

I'm assuming the 9 "clicks" aren't including spam because I've reported more than 9 spammers over the last week.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, vickieito said:

@ashleymahan217, that's good that spam isn't getting counted towards your Promoted Gig clicks! Thanks for being the guinea pig there!

You might be interested in this - Fiverr is trying out a new feature where promotions are being sent directly to buyers' inboxes (in a spammy way):

That's crazy! I truly hope they don't keep spamming buyers...that's going to tick off a lot of buyers which is the last thing we need! I don't want this! Nooo! lol - Hopefully, the forum people really will look into every poster's opinion on the matter

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, ashleymahan217 said:

That's crazy! I truly hope they don't keep spamming buyers...that's going to tick off a lot of buyers which is the last thing we need! I don't want this! Nooo! lol - Hopefully, the forum people really will look into every poster's opinion on the matter

Just tag a Fiverr Staffer to your messages so that they'll be alerted to your message. 😊

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

On 11/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, vickieito said:

always though a  click was a click, so anyone who clicks on one of your promoted gig (even a spammer) would be counted as a click

Nope 😉 

On 12/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, ashleymahan217 said:

Thank you for your reply as it appears that no one knows the answer to this question

We do, I can’t give you the exact link right now because it’s 4am and I’m sleep deprived from waking up to feed the babe, but I can point you in the right direction. 
there is one big topic for sure here (probably tougher to find with all this spam topics on “promoted gigs unqualified made my gigs derank”) opened by fiverr staff. Maybe look at the very first topics created about promoted gigs, not the latest. 
There was also a webinar on how promoted gigs work and they do have a way to distinguish between spam and other sellers clicking on your gig. I was attaching that link to a webinar a couple of times in this forum but again might be tough to find it but it’s there if you’ll try with “webinar”, “promoted gigs” etc keywords 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nope 😉 

We do, I can’t give you the exact link right now because it’s 4am and I’m sleep deprived from waking up to feed the babe, but I can point you in the right direction. 
there is one big topic for sure here (probably tougher to find with all this spam topics on “promoted gigs unqualified made my gigs derank”) opened by fiverr staff. Maybe look at the very first topics created about promoted gigs, not the latest. 
There was also a webinar on how promoted gigs work and they do have a way to distinguish between spam and other sellers clicking on your gig. I was attaching that link to a webinar a couple of times in this forum but again might be tough to find it but it’s there if you’ll try with “webinar”, “promoted gigs” etc keywords 

You're awesome, @mariashtelle1! Thanks for your help and tips! 😊

I'll try find all the resources you mentioned. Please get some sleep!!! 🛌💤

• Like 16
  • Up 3

20 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Nope 😉 

Thank you! I'm not the best with searching on the forum. I will try your suggestions! 

I feel for you and don't miss the baby-feeding days. My son wouldn't eat. It took 2 hours to get him to intake 2 ounces of formula at every feeding. Needless to say, I never slept. My daughter lacked suction due to her cleft palate, so I had to squirt food down her throat or put a feeding tube down her throat when that wasn't enough. So, I truly hope your feeding times are easier than mine were! But no matter their feeding skills, feeding babies is a lot of work and leaves you with little sleep. I hope your baby grows big and strong so you might catch a couple hours of sleep!

• Like 17

Hi Ashley, here's a few to get started:

Webinar link: 

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017729338-Promoted-Gigs#h_01G7PJWY4RXHXNWB1ZQED3C3S5 (this is the last video on the page, about 1 hr long; I like the "Best Practices" and "Q&A" sections)