Giving buyers the chance to "update" or "edit" reviews.

majidshowghi

Sometimes buyers simply post a review comment in a circumstance that may not be appropriate. Sometimes they simply make a mistake in judgment or write something that they subsequently regret.

Some first-time buyers have never used the platform before. They hurriedly leave a comment before realizing they could request revisions.

What about Fiverr, which allows buyers to change their reviews?
What are the advantages, drawbacks, and limits?
Please express your thoughts. Thanks

• Like 9

Guest b1tofanactor
13 hours ago, majidshowghi said:

Sometimes buyers simply post a review comment in a circumstance that may not be appropriate. Sometimes they simply make a mistake in judgment or write something that they subsequently regret.

Some first-time buyers have never used the platform before. They hurriedly leave a comment before realizing they could request revisions.

What are the advantages, drawbacks, and limits?
Please express your thoughts. Thanks

Occasionally clients give 4 stars and yet give a wonderful revue. They are often first time users with good intentions but who have not yet learnt what 4 stars can do to the sellers previously unblemished ratings. I agree they should be able to change their revue or star rating and a seller should be able to explain to them why their rating or revue was unmerited. 

14 hours ago, majidshowghi said:

Well there was a time when people were able to change their review and that brought a lot of animosity and scamming. So yes, it's better to not have any review changes, most professional buyers know very well what review they need to give and it's not an accident. Having the ability to change reviews would just open up the door to thousands of scams. 

What if a buyer gives you an amazing review, but a few days later they come back and threaten you with a very bad review unless you give double the work for free? That can very well happen if you allow buyers to change reviews.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

What if a buyer gives you an amazing review, but a few days later they come back and threaten you with a very bad review unless you give double the work for free? That can very well happen if you allow buyers to change reviews.

🤔

In that case I think we can complain to fiverr... Can't we?

• Like 9

6 hours ago, b1tofanactor said:

Occasionally clients give 4 stars and yet give a wonderful revue. They are often first time users with good intentions but who have not yet learnt what 4 stars can do to the sellers previously unblemished ratings. I agree they should be able to change their revue or star rating and a seller should be able to explain to them why their rating or revue was unmerited. 

Yes! some new arrived buyers think 4 star is a good rating!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Why would Fiverr risk thousands of complaints a week/day when they can just leave things the way they are? Customer support is already overwhelmed the way it is. 

Right!

I didn't know this feature was there before! Thanks for letting me know about it

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...