๐Ÿ“ˆ Fiverr Simplified: Get Matched!

vickieito

On 11/20/2022 at 11:34 AM, vickieito said:

Itโ€™s time for another installment of Fiverr Simplified!

@vickieitoย  I have to say that it's so refreshing to come onto the forum and read your posts/advice/how to guides.ย  I have been on Fiverr since 2017 and have been a TRS since April, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I read all of your posts in the hope that I earn an extra few $ from your advice

I really hope that new sellers actually take the time to read what you have written as you have clearly put so much effort into them on top of the work you do as a freelancer.ย  They are also really relevant and well written.ย 

However, when the most popular posts seem to be congratulating people on their 9th sale, it annoys me that the quality posts on this board are less likely to be ticked up and shared in place of people chasing forum badges.

But that aside. THANK YOU.ย  You're a star!!!!!!!!!!ย 

• Like 87
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, breals said:

I have been on Fiverr since 2017 and have been a TRS since April, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I read all of your posts in the hope that I earn an extra few $ from your advice

Thanks for reading my posts, @breals! It makes me happy that you find them useful even with your years of experience. I have a lot to learn from you, too!

2 hours ago, breals said:

However, when the most popular posts seem to be congratulating people on their 9th sale, it annoys me that the quality posts on this board are less likely to be ticked up and shared in place of people chasing forum badges.

I wish all the newbies to Fiverr and the forum read (and understood) what you wrote so perfectly here - it would make such a big difference!

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/286296-my-first-weeks-musings-and-frustrations/

Thanks for all that you do on the forum!

• Like 76
  • Up 1

Nice post @vickieitoย ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that one of the reasons for not getting buyer briefs, as per Fiverr is,ย  "Fiverr uses a wide range of quality criteria that are taken into consideration to determine seller eligibility."ย 

But, I think another reason might be that the feature is not fully rolled out yet? (As we can still see the Buyer Requests option under "My Business" dropdown).ย 

It would be great if @Lenaย can shed some light on this.

• Like 75
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Nice post @vickieitoย ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that one of the reasons for not getting buyer briefs, as per Fiverr is,ย  "Fiverr uses a wide range of quality criteria that are taken into consideration to determine seller eligibility."ย 

Also - Fiverr doesn't guarantee that there will be matches (for buyers submitting briefs or sellers). Some buyers are receiving no matches for the briefs they submit. I also think there's a false expectation that all sellers are supposed to get briefs (and a lot of them). If a seller isn't getting briefs, there just aren't any matches for them at the moment. As you mentioned, Fiverr is using a criteria to determine which sellers will be matched to each brief. Only a few sellers will receive the alert to make an offer.

5 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

But, I think another reason might be that the feature is not fully rolled out yet? (As we can still see the Buyer Requests option under "My Business" dropdown).ย 

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

When I clicked on the option a window pops up saying there are no more Buyer Request.

I think Fiverr has this here because Customer Support is already getting flooded with inquiries of "Where is Buyer Requests?!"

Keeping Buyer Requests under the "My Business" tab will, at least, explain to sellers why they can't see the Buyer Requests (and hopefully curb the number of inquiries flooding the Help Desk). Based on the number of inquiries that I see on the forum, it's not helping that much.

I think the feature is rolled out but @mjensen415ย mentioned that there would be adjustments made based on user feedback. I'm not sure how that feedback is being collected at the moment.

• Like 72

26 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

That was my thought too. @vickieitoIs your name spelled Vicki or Vickie?

ย 

It was "Vicki" until I was 6 years old and I realized that my sisters' names (and even our pets' names) ended in "ie" except for mine. My sisters are Jackie, Lizzie, and Connie. Our dog was Blackie and the cat was Johnnie. My parents' names are Patty and Larry, so I guess they didn't like the "y" ending of their names. They were more than happy to let me change my name to "Vickie."ย 

It's funny that you mentioned my name ...I was looking at my keys this morning and realized my name was there, too (V + key = Vickie)! ๐Ÿ˜‚

image.thumb.png.27c9b7eb0955af86d6a5e7010b4057d8.png

@vickiespencer - Have you always been a "Vickie"? (...and sorry for the dorky picture! Little things like that make me really happy!)

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 67
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

For the longest time I thought you were an "ie" Vickie.

I changed my name to "Vickie" when I was 6 years old and learned how to write. "Vicki" just felt wrong.

7 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Yep, I was never a Victoria. And my siblings' names are Sherrie, Cindy, Penny, Tammy, and Johnnie. So, although not spelled with "ie", the long e sound is there.

It's fun to see that you are also from a "long e" family!

• Like 67
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I just sent my first brief request. I wanted to see how it went from the buyer's perspective. This experience should be interesting.

Let us know how it goes @vickiespencer! I haven't seen many reports from the buyer's side on how these briefs are working. I'm curious to see how well it can find matches for you.

• Like 70

1 hour ago, cartoon_avatar said:

As we can still see the Buyer Requests option under "My Business" dropdown, does it mean that the Buyer Briefs feature is not fully rolled out yet?

Let me check this with our relevant team and I'll let you know.

• Like 68
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...