Advantages and Disadvantages of No Buyer Request.

mehedi2015

As we all know, when a buyer posts a job to be done, it is essentially a buyer request.
When a new seller comes to provide services for fever, one of the ways to provide services is through buyer requests.

Since we are many new sellers, level one or level 2 sellers with no buyer requests, getting new work has become very difficult. Especially in the case of new sellers, there has been a stark difference. However, there are some advantages and disadvantages which are briefly discussed below:

Benefits:

1. Due to a lack of buyer requests, some fake buyers who post lies on their websites or YouTube channels do not get visitors. This facility is for all the sellers who come to Fiverr with the mindset of working really hard. They do not have to send unnecessary requests.

2. Buyers don't have to go through a lot of trouble just finding expert sellers. Both buyer's and seller's time is not wasted.

3. Some sellers have a lot of work to do because the buyer can easily find a particular seller.

Let's talk about some disadvantages again:

1. First of all, those who are new sellers (who do not have gig rank) have no job.

2. Same situation for new sellers and level 1 and level 2 sellers (those without gig rank).

3. There are many expert sellers who know or can do the job but are not getting work because of this or buyer requests.

I would finally say that a buyer request system like other marketplaces, such as Upwork, should be implemented. Does anyone agree with me?

Thanks for reading.

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

I regret the demise for buyer requests.  I have done over 1000 gigs.  With the increase in recent competition, I have responded to many buyer requests - over 4000 of them!

One of the other advantages of Buyer requests was that you could see what people were looking for.  I offer a consultancy type of service.  So if several people were looking for a particular type of consultancy, I could generate a new gig to respond.  Now I do not have that information.

I have no idea why Fiverr deleted Buyer Requests. They deleted them without notice or consultation or explanation. 

It would be useful if Fiverr could record, analyze and report significant words in the general Buyer Requests so we know how to configure new gigs to meet the demand.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Buyers Request was implemented as a means to help buyers find potential sellers to work on their project(s). It was never meant to be a permanent source for finding work. Obtaining clients is up to the seller and fiverr has provided many professional development resources over the years to assist with this (the Learning Center, Blog and past Podcasts).

If you do a search of the forums on how to get clients, you will get posts by seasoned professionals on how to go about putting your best foot forward to get the attention of potential clients. By seasoned professionals, I'm talking about the ones that leave meaningful responses, not suggestions of the likes of spamming social media and contacting buyers without permission.

The suggestion of creating a Buyers Request system like that of Upwork is a bad idea as it's based on a bidding system and may attract the wrong kind of buyers. There are some marketplaces I'm familiar with who have a Buyers Request equivalent, but it's restricted to a chosen few which I know some will complain if that style of Buyers Request gets implemented here. Fiverr is constantly changing, and many sellers are adapting to the ever-changing environment.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, s80alam said:

They could apply penalty for Scammer and Self promotor.

Yeah but now with briefs it's easier since you can report it. I never had any gig via buyer requests because most people there were asking way way less than what you would pay for a professional service. Congrats for getting an order thoguh BR, but you were severely underpaid most likely. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I keep wondering, why do so many people insist on buyer requests on Fiverr? If you're looking for a bidding platform, why don't you join one (or few)? Why join Fiverr, when it was made to be different from bidding platforms on purpose? Why do you want to turn one platform that's not based on bidding into yet another bidding platform?

It really doesn't make sense. Join Upwork, or Freelancer, or whatever. Stop trying to turn Fiverr into something it was never meant to be.

• Like 13
  • Up 4

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

They deleted it because 99% or more were just scammy request and many people were just self-promoting..

I have posted requests previously. I received over 200 spam messages and only 2 unique responses from the lot that actually took time to craft an appropriate offer to my request, one of them I did end up buying from.

It would be easier and more efficient to conduct a search than to wade through hundreds of irrelevant spams from buyer request.

Fiverr is correct in removing the buyer request feature. It improves the experience of most buyers and sellers. The people complaining are mostly new sellers, to which I understand fully; however, there are no shortages of sellers on Fiverr so this is not a problem for them.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, strategist_ceo said:

It would be easier and more efficient to conduct a search than to wade through hundreds of irrelevant spams from buyer request.

I only bought via Fiverr once and even if there were buyer requests, I just used the search system, you can find what you need. 

• Like 13

Guest dmc_art

Neither Briefs nor Buyer's Request is a good system, if we're being blunt. 

While Buyer's Request was still on, I was able to catch some original buyers, same with Briefs.

Scammers are everywhere, so it's pointless to talk about them. If one has an issue differencing who's scammer and who's not, that's a personal problem.

Briefs... well, I got plenty of them and 70% of them ain't matching with my services, same as Buyer's Request when it was on. 

Look at this brief i got. I cant say its the peak of the industry. Buyers requests may be corrupted. But briefs are no different. We just dont see it anymore. I might be even got thrown back for rejecting this meaningless thing. And please do check twice as this brief was conducted by a "fiverr business" account

image.jpeg.990572be00eb4f987879b7a85c006317.jpeg

Edited by ozan_erdi
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ozan_erdi said:

Look at this brief i got. I cant say its the peak of the industry. Buyers requests may be corrupted. But briefs are no different. We just dont see it anymore. I might be even got thrown back for rejecting this meaningless thing. And please do check twice as this brief was conducted by a "fiverr business" account

image.jpeg.990572be00eb4f987879b7a85c006317.jpeg

I must say this is high level creativity lol

• Like 11