Buyer decides to cancel the project after I completed the Job

emaripimentel

HI! I am currently experiencing RED FLAG Buyers, One recent project is that I completed the project after multiple revisions and when I got it correctly and submitted to him he immediately requested for a refund to get the full amount and even compared me to a 20usd gig with a similar square footage that we worked on that he found on another seller.

First, He negotiated with me the project until we agreed on a certain fee in which i agreed until he made multiple revisions everytime he gets a new inspiration and i did the job and i submitted drafts to him before the final plans to make sure we are aligned and knitty gritty things he kept on picking on each and then the last one he mentioned I needed to do this and that. I explained my side and he agreed that we will work base on the one he last provided the feedback on. Due to the fact he responds late and also i have to do some revisions every now and then, it took longer than my delivery. Grateful enough that he was alright with the extension but on the recent last submission that I completed he then asked for a revision on his new plan that I declined that's why he agreed to work base on the plan as our Final Plan.

The Final Plan had some minor revision to fit in some things and I provided him the draft when I only needed to submit a more detailed one because everything is now clear that there would be no revision and he then requested for a full refund and I declined and provided him inputs base on my side and also i informed him about the difference of the gig i offered and that we has not forced to accept it since I offered and he accepted, and he did not agree despite providing him the complete set of details already. (When I received it I was tweaking the final presentation already, it was good as completed within the hour since his last feedback).

I re-submitted this Final Plan base on his last feedback and I feel betrayed for someone who already has the details even if i didn't submit the Final Plan (note, the final plan was on presentation purposes that he asked) and compared me to a 20 usd gig and called me out that I overcharged him because he saw another with similar offer. 

I have encountered people like him both sellers and buyers but this kind of behaviour should not be tolerated either ways.  It has been frequent already with these encounters, How do you deal with this? 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

First of all, if the order is still active (meaning you didn't cancel yet), you can reject the buyer's request of cancellation explaining your reasons. If what you did was in the scope of the original request, but buyer keeps submitting cancellations, contact CS. In theory you should be able to keep your earnings and your rates shoud not be affected even if the order is cancelled.

Also, I don't know if you already have a limited number of revisions. If you don't and generally offer unlimited revisions, I suggest you to specify that you only give like 2 or 3 max and any other modification has to be compensated. Buyers can still hit the revision button, but you can bypass that and reupload your previous delivery, explaining that they already used your free revisions and anything else has to be considered extra work. However, they might still decide to cancel if they don't like that, but as long as you make it clear in the gig description (or FAQ section) you are set. Because if they do not read your details, then it is not your fault.

I also had to deal with a buyer who compared my prices to cheaper sellers despite accepting my first offer and that is never a good thing to do because people live in different Countries, they have different currencies and thus different gig plans that have to be adjusted accordingly. Pressuring sellers into lowering their prices is never good, one more reason for you to contact CS as your prices were listed in the gig page and thus that cannot be considered a SCAM (especially when the client accepts that in the first place).

• Like 8

One thing I've learned about using Fiverr, is NEVER lower your price. You may not want to lose the work, but I can honestly tell you, without exception, every buyer who ended up being a problem, or requested a ridiculous amount of revisions, started by asking for a 'deal'. Know your worth and never drop your prices. Once a buyer knows you will lower your price, you're also letting them know that you can be bargained with. If you stand firm, and stick to your price, number of revisions and all your other terms, they know they can't take advantage of you. Don't feel bad for doing this, and if you do lose work don't worry about it. The ones unwilling to see your value will move on to take advantage of the next seller that won't stand up for themselves. Be patient and if you offer a great service and know how to treat your buyers, firmly but fairly, you will attract the buyers you deserve.

• Like 11
  • Up 3