What actually determines your inbox response time?

keithp1994

So I'm a new and growing seller on the Fiverr platform, and my experience so far has been pretty good. However, one thing I can't seem to understand is how the inbox response time is calculated. I respond to every single message I get well within 24 hours, never more than that, but as of a few months ago I noticed that my response time randomly went from 1 hour to 2 hours. I didn't think anything of it because it didn't seem like that big of a deal, since I couldn't figure out anything that was changing on my part. But today when I logged in, I noticed that it now says 4 hours. That's ridiculous.

Unless your login time on the Fiverr app counts towards the calculation, since technically you're always online with that, I could understand. But even then, even if I receive a message in the middle of the night when I'm asleep, I'm still responding within no more than 24 hours. It bothers me that as a new seller clients would think that I only respond every 4 hours, especially when that number seems to be increasing for no reason at all. 

Edited by keithp1994
Fixed a word
  • Like 7

Here check this out

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011451678

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637

Update: I'd advise you to promote your gig on social media to make your audience aware of your services. As for your response, never delay in responding when a buyer contacts you. remember, the longer you ignore spam messages, the more drops you get.

Edited by rbkretouch
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, rbkretouch said:

Okay, now I understand that the calculation for the response time differs from the calculation for the response rate, but that seems to work against the seller. Especially when I read stuff like this:

Response time tracks all responses, not just the first message from the buyer.

Working with buyers in other time zones can affect your response time, but not your response rate.

So if someone is in the middle of a request that hasn't been completed yet, and the buyer happens to send a message at an awkward time, it can lower your response time? I currently have a repeat buyer who's on the other side of the world, so they may send me something when I'm not online, or something that I don't even need to respond to, such as a "Thank you". It just seems a little odd. 

Edited by keithp1994
  • Like 5

This doesn't exactly help me with understanding how to prevent these response drops for active clients though (not new clients). By current Fiverr logic, I always need to have the last word, or hope that a buyer doesn't message me in the middle of their order when it's 4am for me. Does the auto-reply feature work with repeat buyers or people you have an active conversation with? 

I was under the impression it only helped with buyers you have no prior history with. 

Edited by keithp1994
  • Like 2