Can I add a video to my gig if its audio is in Spanish?

shougoamakusa

Question

Some time ago I tried to add a video to onw of my gigs, but it was rejected because its audio was in Spanish. However, in the guidelines there is nothing ruling the audio language for a video to be included in a gig.

Is it still mandatory that in order to add a video to a gig its audio must be in English?

• Like 7

8 answers to this question

Hello,

you shouldn't have any problems uploading a video in a different language than English. I've seen many gigs where they have videos in different languages, mainly on the voice acting ones.

• If you offer a service in a different language, write your Gig details in that language in addition to English. Your video can be in the other language but be sure to mention what language you offer in your service in your Gig title
    Example: "I will create video Ads in Spanish"

This is from the Fiverr Guidelines Here.

*edit. Of course if you put the titles and description in English you'll be able to have more people looking at your gig and actually understand easily what it is about. But when it comes to something you do in Spanish, an example might be voice acting in Spanish, showing your accent and the way you talk in that language will be important for the clients.

Edited by maxtpf
  • Like 7
  • Up 3

58 minutes ago, shougoamakusa said:

Some time ago I tried to add a video to onw of my gigs, but it was rejected because its audio was in Spanish. However, in the guidelines there is nothing ruling the audio language for a video to be included in a gig.

Is it still mandatory that in order to add a video to a gig its audio must be in English?

I think it would be better if your audio is in English. Because not everyone understands Spanish

• Like 6

On 11/17/2022 at 4:25 AM, maxtpf said:

Hello,

you shouldn't have any problems uploading a video in a different language than English. I've seen many gigs where they have videos in different languages, mainly on the voice acting ones.

This is from the Fiverr Guidelines Here.

*edit. Of course if you put the titles and description in English you'll be able to have more people looking at your gig and actually understand easily what it is about. But when it comes to something you do in Spanish, an example might be voice acting in Spanish, showing your accent and the way you talk in that language will be important for the clients.

Indeed, that was the solution. I just made sure to inform in the title and description that the final product will be delivered in Spanish language and the video was finally approved. (Even in the video I added some texts in English detailing what was happening in the visuals)

• Like 3